Publish or schedule videos to a YouTube channel from your Hootsuite dashboard. After a video has been published to YouTube, you can then share it to your other social networks through the compose message box.
Video file requirements:
- file type: mp4, m4v
- file size: 1 GB
- video length: 15 minutes (verified accounts can upload up to 11-hour long videos) Learn more
- aspect ratio: 16:9; if your file is not 16:9, YouTube automatically adds black bars to the sides or top and bottom of your video so it displays correctly without cropping or stretching.
Formatting tags can also be used to change the appearance and format of your video when it is published. More details here
Make sure your channel is added as a social network before you begin. Note that your YouTube channel won't appear in the social profile picker!
Team members require at least Editor social network permissions for YouTube to publish videos.
To publish or schedule a video to YouTube
- In the compose message box, click Attach media .
- Click the YouTube Video tab.
- Click choose a file to upload to YouTube, select the video file and then click Open, or drag-and-drop a video file from your desktop.
- Select the YouTube channel you want to publish to from the drop-down menu in the
- Enter a title for your video in the Title field.
- Optional: Enter a video description, tags, or select a category from the drop-down menu.
Tags increase discoverability of your video. They are not displayed publicly.
- Optional: Verified channels can select a thumbnail preview under the video thumbnail by clicking the left or right arrows .
- Select a privacy setting from the Privacy drop-down menu.
- Optional: Schedule Unlisted or Private videos to go public at a later date; click the Schedule to go Public toggle, select a date and time, and then click Set.
- Click Done/Publish Now/Schedule in the top-right corner.
When your video has been successfully published or scheduled, a pop-up will appear containing an embed code you can insert into a website, and the YouTube video URL, which can be shared to other social media profiles.
Click Share via Hootsuite to insert the video URL into the the compose message box so you can share it to your other social networks as usual.
A video cannot be uploaded to the same YouTube channel more than once. YouTube removes duplicate videos.
All published and scheduled videos will appear immediately in your My Videos stream. Note that thumbnails will only be visible in-stream for Unlisted and Public videos. Private videos can still be viewed from your dashboard as long as you are signed in to YouTube natively.