Article updated: July 14, 2021
Comment and reply in Instagram streams
In Hootsuite Streams, you can comment or reply to posts in My Posts streams for Instagram Business profiles that are authenticated with Facebook (see Add an Instagram account).
Comment on a post
- Go to Streams, and then select the board hosting the stream.
- In the Write a comment box below the post, enter a comment, and then press ENTER.
Reply to a comment
- Do either of the following:
- Enter a reply in the Write a reply box below the comment, and then press ENTER.
- Select More Actions next to the comment, select Reply, enter your reply, and then press ENTER.
Hide or delete a comment or reply
Instagram Business profiles that are fully authenticated with Facebook can hide or delete comments on their posts in the My Posts stream. Note that Instagram streams do not support IGTV content. (However, you can monitor IGTV video comments and mentions through our Panoramiq apps and Synapview.) For more information on authentication, see Add an Instagram account.
- Select More Actions below the comment or reply, and then select Hide or Delete.
Hidden comments appear faded in the stream.
For a complete list of the actions you can take on Instagram posts in Streams, see Available stream types and stream content.