Article updated: August 03, 2022
Review your LinkedIn ad campaign performance in Analytics
Review and measure the performance of all your LinkedIn ad campaigns in Hootsuite Analytics. Analytics gives you a full range of metrics to help you track how your LinkedIn campaign groups, campaigns, and ads are performing. Find out which campaigns are driving the highest ROI for your business, and which ads are converting best.
Review your LinkedIn campaign group, campaign, and ad performance
- Go to Analytics.
- If you don't see the Analytics navigation, select Expand navigation, and then select Advertising performance.
- Select your LinkedIn Ads, select the ad accounts you want to use, and then select Apply.
- Select Campaign groups, Campaigns, or Ads or ads to view performance data for your campaigns and assets.
- If you want to see performance data for a different time period, select the date picker, select a date range option, and then select Set.
- Optionally, use one of the following options to view your campaigns and ads.
- Select any campaign group, campaign, or ad to view its status, details, and results.
- Check the box next to a campaign group or campaign to review performance only for content associated with that campaign group or campaign. You can then select the Campaign groups, Campaigns, or Ads tabs to view only content for the selected campaign group or campaign.
- Select Customize columns to choose the metrics you want to see in your view. Use the Search box to search for metrics you'd like to include, and then select Apply. Point to a metric name to view its description or see the Ad analytics metrics library (opens in a new tab) for a complete list of metrics.
Filter your campaigns and ads
Use filters to narrow in on the information that is important to you. For example, you can view results for only active campaigns, campaigns with a lead generation objective, or ads that include videos.
Filters only apply to the specific type of content you’re filtering. They do not apply to all campaign groups, campaigns, or ads.
- Select Filters, and then select from the available filters to narrow in on your content.
- Select a Spend filter to view the performance of all your ads or just the ads that have spent money during the selected timeframe.
- Select a Campaign groups filter, and then select Apply to view results based on campaign group status.
- Select one or more Campaigns filters, and then select Apply to view results based on campaign status or objective.
- Select one or more Ads filters, and then select Apply to view results based on ad status, or ad type.
- Select Create your own filters to filter your data by name and text, tags, target URL, campaign ID, ad set ID, or ad ID (options differ depending on whether you're filtering campaign groups, campaigns, or ads).
You can gain even more insight into your data if you break it down by conversion, company size, country, industry, and more. Select Show breakdown under a campaign group, campaign, or ad, and then select a breakdown option from the list.
Save and reuse advertising performance filters
Save and reuse your filters to quickly access the performance views that are most relevant to you.
- Save a filter - Select Filters, include or exclude information to narrow in on, select Save, enter a name for the filter, and then select Save.
- Use a saved filter - Select the arrow next to Filters , and then select your saved filter from the list.
- Delete a saved filter - Select the arrow next to Filters , point to the saved filter, and then select Delete next to the saved filter.
Export your LinkedIn advertising performance view
You can export your LinkedIn advertising performance view for further processing or to share with others.
Select Export, and then choose how you want to export your data:
- Select Comma separated values (.csv) to export your data to CSV. Hootsuite generates a zip file containing three CSV files (one for campaigns, one for ad sets, and one for ads).
- Select Microsoft Excel (.xlsx) to export your data to an Excel spreadsheet. Hootsuite generates an XLSX workbook with three worksheets (one for campaigns, one for ad sets, and one for ads).
Exports include all the data in your view based on the filters you applied, as well as all other available columns in the Advertising performance view.
Can't find what you're looking for? We're here to help