Article updated: March 12, 2023
Add an Instagram account
Add an Instagram account to Hootsuite to publish to it, engage with your audience, create reports, and more.
Team, Business, and Enterprise plan members - To add social accounts to Hootsuite organizations, you must be a super admin, admin, or have custom "Add Social Networks" permissions for your Hootsuite organization. To find out more, see Manage your organization's social accounts.
Before you begin
Instagram offers three profile types: Personal, Business, and Creator. For full access to the Instagram features available in Hootsuite, including engagement, direct publishing, and analytics, you need to add a Business profile. Find out more about each Instagram profile type.
Important: Hootsuite labels Creator profiles as Business profiles, but due to limitations from Instagram, they do not have access to direct publishing.
To enable full Instagram functionality in Hootsuite, make sure you have the following:
- An Instagram Business profile connected to a Facebook Page.
- If you still have a Personal profile, see Convert an Instagram Personal profile to a Business profile.
- If you already have a Business profile, see Connect an Instagram account to a Facebook Page.
- The right permissions ( See the Facebook help article See your Facebook Page role or access):
- Facebook Page classic - You'll need an Admin or Editor Page role.
- New Facebook Pages experience - You'll need full or partial control.
- Asset in Facebook Business Manager - You'll need management access to the Page in the Business Manager account. See the Facebook help article Add People to Your Business Manager.
Add an Instagram Business account
- In a separate browser tab or window, log out of Instagram and Facebook.
- In Hootsuite, go to My profile, and then select Manage accounts and teams.
- Professional plans: Select + Private account.
Team, Business, and Enterprise plans: Select Manage beside your organization name, and then select Add a social network.
- Select Instagram Business.
- Select Log in to Facebook.
- Enter your Facebook account credentials, and then select Log in.
- Select Add beside the Instagram Business profiles you want to add to Hootsuite, and then select Done. Have any
If you have any trouble, check out Troubleshoot issues adding an Instagram Business profile.
Note: When you add social accounts on mobile, they are added to your private accounts. To add social accounts to an organization, use the web version of Hootsuite.
- Select your profile picture , and then select Social accounts.
- Select the plus icon +, and then select Instagram.
- Select Connect Instagram business.
- The Hootsuite app displays onboarding information for next steps. Swipe right to move through the instructions and then select Connect with Facebook.
- Enter your Facebook log in information and then select Log In.
- Select Add beside the Instagram Business profiles you want to add to Hootsuite, and then select Done.
If you see an error on one of your Pages, or your Page is not appearing in the list at all, see Troubleshoot issues adding an Instagram Business profile.
Can't find what you're looking for? We're here to help