Article updated: October 10, 2023
Connect an Adobe Analytics account
Use Adobe Analytics in Advanced Analytics to find out which organic posts, ads, and pages drive the most website traffic or customer conversions. You can then use that information to improve your social media and content strategy.
Plans: Customers with Hootsuite Advanced Analytics. Want more Hootsuite features? Upgrade your plan.
With Adobe Analytics you can analyze the customer journey from visiting your website, to interacting with your content, to completing a success event. Success events are actions that you want customers to take, such as visiting a specific page on your website, subscribing to your email newsletter, or purchasing a product or service.
Configure your Adobe Analytics account
Complete the following tasks in Adobe Analytics (AA) to make sure your account is ready connect to Hootsuite. You need developer access for the correct product profile in the Adobe Developer console to do this. Learn how to add developers to product profiles.
- Make sure you have an Adobe Analytics project. Learn how to create a project.
- Add an API to your project using Service Account (JWT), and then generate your private key and JWT access token. For instructions, see the Adobe Developer Console help article Add API to project using Service Account (JWT).
- Create a report suite to tell us what you want AA to track. Learn how to create a report suite.
- Add UTM tags to the links in your posts to allow Hootsuite to track the traffic and site activity coming from those links. You can add UTMs manually or when composing a post in Hootsuite. See Apply a UTM parameter to a link.
- Figure out the AA metrics you want to track. Learn more about AA metrics.
Gather your Adobe Analytics configuration information
Make sure you have the right AA permissions and gather all of the information you'll need from your AA account. You'll need the following permissions:
- Product admin, product profile user or admin, and developer permissions.
- Adobe Experience Cloud needs to have web service access permission enabled to export Hootsuite data into Adobe Analytics.
You'll need the following information:
- The contents of your private key and access token.
- Your AA Global company ID, Client ID, and Client secret.
- Your AA report suite, tracking parameter, and the metrics you want to track. You can track up to 20 metrics in Advanced Analytics.
Connect your Adobe Analytics account
Connect your Adobe Analytics (AA) account to Hootsuite to start analyzing your results. You must be a Hootsuite Super admin, admin, or a member with the custom permission to Add or Manage Social Networks to connect your account.
- Open a separate browser window and sign out of your Adobe Analytics accounts.
- Go to Analytics , and then select Analytics settings from the bottom of the navigation.
- Select Web analytics accounts.
- Follow the prompts to authorize and connect to Hootsuite.
View your Adobe Analytics data
You can find data from your Adobe Analytics connection in the following places in Hootsuite:
- Advertising performance - Find out how your campaigns, ad sets, and ads drive website visits, page views, or other goal conversions.
- Impact content - Identify which organic posts are driving the most website visits, page views, or other goal conversions.
- ROI analysis - See which organic pages and ad accounts are directing the most traffic to your website.
- Content comparison - Compare campaigns to identify those that took the most customers from social to your website.
- Reports - Create reports with both social and web analytics data to see the results of your social efforts.
Can't find what you're looking for? We're here to help