Article updated: March 19, 2023
Add metrics to a report
In Analytics, metrics display in tiles. Metrics are quantitative measurements of data that tell you how your social media efforts performed during a specific time frame.
You can add metrics to your reports to measure the results that matter to you. For example, a metric like "Comments" can tell you how many comments your Facebook posts received in the previous 30 days.
You can add an unlimited number of metric tiles, but a single report can only display 100 of them.
- Go to Analytics, and then open a report (check out Open an Analytics report).
- Select Add metric to open the metrics library. Your plan type determines which metric libraries you see.
- Select a social network and browse or search for a metric. Check out the complete list of metrics in Analytics.
- Optional: Select Customize to make changes to the metric tile. Learn more about customizing a metric tile.
- Select Add. You'll find the metric at the end of your report.
Tip: Not sure which metrics to add to your report? Select Recommended to view a list of recommendations. The metrics in your report drive your personalized recommendations. If your report is empty, we’ll recommend the most popular social metrics. Recommendations will adjust to every new metric you add to your report.
What's the difference between post-level and Page-level metrics?
Hootsuite Analytics retrieves Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and TikTok metrics from posts and from Pages.
- Post-level metrics are data for posts. They report on all posts published in your selected time period.
- Page-level metrics are data for a Facebook or LinkedIn Page. They report on all engagement on the Page in your selected time period. This includes all posts on the Page, regardless of when they were published. Facebook Pages must have at least 30 likes to return Page-level metrics.
Can't find what you're looking for? We're here to help