Article updated: December 06, 2023
Create tags for Inbox 2.0 conversations
Create tags to help organize your Inbox 2.0 conversations. Agents can then apply them to messages to add metadata about that message. For example, you might add tags to a message to express the message sentiment (positive or negative), define the message type (question, comment, or request), or identify parts of the overall conversation (greeting vs. closing).
Create a new tag
All members can tag posts and messages, but only organization super admins, admins, and users with custom Manage Message Tags permissions can create tags and manage the organization’s tag library. Learn about custom permissions.
- Go to My profile , and then select Manage accounts and teams.
- Select Tags in the organization to view the active tags.
- Select Create New Tag.
- Enter a tag name and description (optional), and then select Create.
Tag a message in Inbox 2.0
Add tags to messages in Inbox 2.0 to help categorize your message content. Tags are a helpful way to add metadata about a message.
Note: Tags are helpful for you and your team. They aren't visible to your customers.
- Go to Inbox 2.0, point to a comment or reply, and then select Tag message.
- Select tags from the list to add them to the message. You can enter a keyword in the Search tags box to search for a tag.
Can't find what you're looking for? We're here to help