Article updated: December 04, 2023
Group contacts in Inbox 2.0
Group contacts together to help prioritize or route conversations in the queue.
Create a new contact group
Create your contact groups. Agents will see contact groups in the conversation header. Agents can also filter the queue by contact group to focus on specific types of conversations.
- In Inbox 2.0, select Admin settings.
- Expand Routing and automation, and then select Contact groups.
- Select Add contact group.
- In the Rule list, select an attribute. Attributes that you've turned off don't appear in this list.
- Select an operator. Note the following rule limitations:
- >,≥ ,<, and ≤ are available for CRM-managed attributes and attributes with “number” or “date” formats.
- = are used for text or numeric contact attributes. The rule searches for text strings that are exact matches but not case sensitive. So, “Platinum” = “platinum”.
- ANY OF allows you to create a list of values to include for a contact group.
- Follow the prompts to complete your rule. Note that text values don't require quotation marks.
|Use case||Contact group name||Rule||Operator||Value|
|Is the contact on the website?||Website visitor||Page URL||Not empty|
|Is the contact using the mobile app?||App user||Device platform||Not empty|
|Does the contact speak French?||French||Language||Is||FR|
|Is the contact in Belgium?||BE||Phone||Contains||+32|
Label certain contact groups as “prioritized” to place their conversations higher in the queue.
- In Admin settings, expand Routing and automation, and then select Prioritization.
Can't find what you're looking for? We're here to help