Article updated: December 04, 2023
Edit channel settings
You can edit channel settings in Inbox 2.0, including a channel’s name, auto-assignment settings, and auto-resolve settings.
Audience: Inbox 2.0 admins
Edit a channel's settings
Enter a custom channel display name, turn on or off auto-assignment, and set auto-resolve defaults.
- In Inbox 2.0, select Admin settings, expand Channels and business hours, and then select Channels.
- Point to the channel you want to edit, and then select Edit . You can make the following changes:
- Enter a custom channel display name, up to 255 characters. This name is visible to anyone in your Inbox 2.0 organization.
- Turn on or of auto-assignment. If auto-assignment is on, Inbox will automatically assign the agents in the channel conversations they respond to.
- Business and Enterprise members can set auto-resolve defaults for the New and Pending queues. By default, Inbox automatically resolves all conversations older than 30 days. You can reduce the time before resolution and specify a resolve reason.
Can't find what you're looking for? We're here to help