Article updated: December 04, 2023
Connect a bot to Inbox 2.0
Add a custom virtual agent
To add a custom VA, you’ll need a webhook URL to send conversation events to. You'll also need a shared secret to verify that the webhook requests are coming from Inbox 2.0. Read more in the Inbox 2.0 API documentation.
- In Inbox 2.0 , select Admin settings.
- Expand Virtual agents, and then select Custom virtual agents.
- Select Add custom virtual agent.
- Enter a name. In the conversation view, you'll see the name followed by VA for virtual agent.
- Select from the following activation options:
- Inception - Automatically picks up any private conversations that start in the channels it has access to. If there's a need for a human agent, it moves the conversation to the New queue. If there's no need for human assistance, it resolves the conversation.
- Delegation - Doesn't automatically pick up conversations. A human agent delegates the conversation to the VA, at which point it takes over. If there's a need for a human agent, it uses the Handoff rule to decide whether to send the conversation to the New queue or the previous agent.
- When a timeout occurs, the conversation is “handed off” to either the New or Resolved queue. Set the following timeout rules:
- Timeout virtual agent - When the VA stops responding, this is the maximum time (up to one hour) to wait before handoff.
- Timeout contact - When the contact stops responding, this is the maximum time (up to 23 hours) to wait before handoff.
- Enter your webhook URL.
- Enter a shared secret.
- Configure timeout and error handling for both the virtual agent and the contact and save your changes.
Can't find what you're looking for? We're here to help