Article updated: December 04, 2023
About locked conversations
While you work on a conversation, a lock prevents other agents from replying to it, ensuring that the contact has a consistent support experience. Locking is automatic and temporary, and it is not the same as conversation assignment.
Audience: Inbox 2.0 agents
Here’s how conversation locking works:
- A conversation becomes locked when an agent selects it in the queue or has it auto-assigned to them.
- Conversations are only locked in the New or Pending queues.
- Only one conversation can be locked to an agent at a time.
- When a conversation is locked to an agent, the Reply box is not available for other agents.
- To perform any action on a locked conversation, another agent must “take” it.
- If an agent takes a conversation, it becomes locked to the agent who took it and no longer locked to the previous agent.
A conversation is unlocked when any of the following occurs:
- An agent clicks away from a conversation to a different conversation.
- Another agent takes the conversation.
- The conversation changes state.
Can't find what you're looking for? We're here to help