Article updated: May 30, 2022
Set up a Bit.ly shortener
If you already have a custom Bit.ly link shortener for your brand, a super admin can add it to Hootsuite for all members to use in Composer. Contact your customer success manager to have external shorteners enabled in your account.
To add a custom vanity URL to your account for use as a shortener, see Set up a vanity URL.
Plans: Business and Enterprise
- Go to My profile, and then select Manage accounts and teams.
- Select Link Settings under your organization name.
- Select Bit.ly shorteners in the left menu, and then select Authorize.
- Enter a name for the shortener (we recommend this matches the branded shortener), and then select Add new shortener.
- Sign in to your Bit.ly account and authorize the connection to Hootsuite.
You’ll see the shortener appear in your list of shorteners, and in Composer for the rest of your organization to use.
Can't find what you're looking for? We're here to help