Article updated: October 21, 2021
Adjust your AutoSchedule settings
AutoSchedule is now Recommended times. Recommended times are personalized based on data specific to your publishing habits. See Schedule posts at recommended times for more details.
You can use AutoSchedule to choose scheduled times for you in Amplify and in the Hootsuite mobile app. Using AutoSchedule keeps your social presence active by automatically scheduling posts to fill the gaps in your scheduled content. AutoSchedule schedules content for you based on the following factors:
- Your customized AutoSchedule settings (posts per day, time period, and days applicable)
- Your already-scheduled content for the selected social account
- High-engagement time periods for the social network generally (not specific to your own or your audience's habits)
Important: AutoSchedule does not automate duplication of posts. It schedules each post once within the timeframe selected in your AutoSchedule settings.
Plans: This feature is not available to Free plan members. To change your plan type and access this feature, see Manage your Hootsuite plan and account.
AutoSchedule settings are applied per social account, so if AutoSchedule is set to schedule up to five posts throughout the week, it will schedule up to five posts on each social account.
Different times may be selected for the same post depending on the network. For example, if you’re using AutoSchedule to publish content on Twitter and Facebook, the tweet could be scheduled for 11:30 AM and the Facebook post could be scheduled for noon. All scheduled times are in 5-minute increments.
View your AutoScheduled posts and Manage your scheduled posts in the Publisher.
Adjust AutoSchedule settings
- Select My profile , and then select Account settings, preferences, and billing.
- Select AutoSchedule from the Account & Settings list.
- Select the maximum number of posts per day that you want to publish to each social account, the preferred publishing time period, and the preferred publishing days.
- Select Save settings.
Changes to AutoSchedule settings apply to scheduled posts going forward, but do not impact posts that have already been scheduled.