Article updated: May 01, 2023
Hootsuite for nonprofits
We know that social media plays a critical role in providing accessible information, delivering help when it’s needed, and inspiring people to take action on the causes that matter to them.
We provide discounts and education to help nonprofit organizations use social to change the world we live in for the better.
Get started with the HootGiving Program for Nonprofits
Ready to get started with Hootsuite for your nonprofit organization? Use the following steps:
1. Review the eligibility guidelines
To be eligible for the HootGiving program, your nonprofit organization must meet the following requirements:
- Registered as a charitable organization in a country where Hootsuite is available.
- Be in good standing.
- Be registered with TechSoup and meet the TechSoup Global Network's eligibility criteria.
Your nonprofit must not be any of the following:
- School, college and university (visit Hootsuite for Higher Education instead).
- Hospital or healthcare organization* (visit Hootsuite for Health Care instead).
- Governmental entity, agency, or organization (visit Hootsuite for Government instead).
- Credit union or other mutual organization (visit Hootsuite for Financial Services instead).
- Political, labor, or fraternal organization
- Professional, commerce and trade associations
- An individual
* Charitable arms or foundations associated with hospitals or healthcare organizations are eligible.
2. Register with TechSoup and get your validation token
As part of requesting a Hootsuite account, you’ll need to register your organization with TechSoup, the organization that manages the nonprofit verification process for our program. Registering with TechSoup allows your nonprofit organization to save money by accessing valuable product offers from many technology companies.
If you're already registered with TechSoup, you'll just need to include your TechSoup Validation Token in your application. Find your validation token using the following steps:
- Sign in to Techsoup or your local TechSoup partner account.
- Look for your validation token. It will look something like this - 123c492@MyOrgName.
Need to register?
If you need to register and get a token, complete the following steps:
- Visit the TechSoup Global Network to confirm your nonprofit status and get your validation token.
- When you have your validation token, return to this page.
- Complete the application form.
- We’ll process your form and contact you via email.
- Wait for verification from TechSoup. Most requests are reviewed in 2-14 business days. TechSoup will contact you to ask for any information they may need to verify your organization. You can get help from TechSoup by visiting TechSoup.org.
Note: TechSoup validation tokens expire after 60 days. If your token is expired, you can create a new token.
3. Apply for a nonprofit discount
After you have confirmed your organization's eligibility and have your TechSoup validation token ready, apply for your discount using this form.
4. Get the most out of your Hootsuite account
After you have been verified by TechSoup and approved for our HootGiving Program, use the following resources to learn how to get the most out of your Hootsuite account.
- Hootsuite platform training (free)
- Hootsuite Academy
- Hootsuite blog
- Resource library
- Case studies
Visit our HootGiving page to learn more.
Can't find what you're looking for? We're here to help