Article updated: September 13, 2021
Sparkcentral channel settings
Sparkcentral admins can view a complete list of all existing channels, and create, edit, and delete channels.
On the Settings tab, expand Channels & Business Hours, and then select Channels.
The Channels page displays the following information for each channel:
- The messaging or social media network.
- Whether auto-owership is enabled. To learn more, see Set auto-ownership in Sparkcentral.
- The default auto-resolve settings for the New and Pending queues.
- The number of agents and teams with channel access.
You can also enable or disable automatic channel access for users with channel-based access. Users with channel-based access are “teamless,” with access only to assigned channels. To learn more about user permissions, see Create a Sparkcentral agent account
Edit a channel
To edit a channel's settings, hover your mouse over the channel, and then select the Edit icon that appears. You can make the following changes:
- Enter a custom channel display name, up to 255 characters. This name is visible to all users in the channel selector.
Important: Be sure to select Save before closing the window.
- Set auto-resolve defaults for the New and Pending queues. By default, all conversations older than 30 days in the New queue or Pending queues are automatically resolved. You can change this setting by reducing the time before resolution and by specifying a resolve reason.
- Enable or disable access for teams. Users belong to one or more teams and have access to the team’s channels.
- Channel access and roles for users. You can assign an agent one of three channel roles:
- Viewer – This role can move conversations to Pending or Resolved, view the channels they have access to, and add tags, notes, and topics to conversations, but they cannot reply to conversations. This role may be useful for training new agents.
- Contributor – This role can move conversations to Pending or resolved, view the channels they have access to, add tags, notes, and topics to conversations, and reply in conversations. Contributors do not have access to reports.
- Supervisor – This role has all of the permissions that a Contributor has, as well as the ability to access reports on the Monitoring tab (only for channels for which they are assigned the Supervisor role).
Add a channel
To add a new channel, select the Add Channel button, select the messaging service or social network for the account you want to add, and then follow the instructions provided.
Delete a channel
To delete a channel, hover your mouse over the channel, and then select the Delete icon that appears.