Article updated: April 28, 2022
Mute a contact in Sparkcentral
Agents can mute contacts to prevent future interaction with individual profiles in Sparkcentral. When a contact is muted, all new conversations from the contact are auto-resolved.
An admin must enable the option to mute contacts, as follows:
- Go to Admin settings, expand Privacy and security, and then select Muted contacts.
- Select the Allow agents to mute contacts check box.
Mute a contact
Note: Contacts are muted at the channel level only.
- In the agent workspace, select a message from the contact you want to mute.
- On the Contact tab, select Mute.
After you mute a contact, you must manually resolve the conversation.
You can still find muted contacts and full conversation histories by searching for a contact's name or conversation content.
View information logs for muted contacts
Contact-muting events are logged and stored. Admins can access these logs in Admin settings by expanding Privacy and security and selecting Muted contacts. Admins can do the following:
- View a list of all muted contacts.
- View to the conversation history for a muted contact.
- Unmute a contact.
If an admin disables contact muting, new conversations from contacts who were previously muted won’t be auto-resolved. If an admin then enables the contact muting again, future conversations from previously muted contacts will be resolved automatically.
Can't find what you're looking for? We're here to help