Article updated: May 09, 2022
Create and save a search in Insights
Search any topic in Insights to find out how people are talking about it online. Insights’ powerful search options let you zero in on the results that are the most relevant to you, whether you’re looking for content ideas, tracking a campaign, or evaluating a competitor.
Build a guided search
Insights has guided search options for common search categories to help you create your query faster.
When you select an option, Insights creates custom fields where you enter your search terms, like keywords, websites, hashtags, and social handles. Insights builds your search query for you as you type and adds variations of the terms you provide, so your results capture all relevant mentions.
- Go to Insights, and select a guided search option from the list.
- Enter your search terms in the appropriate fields, using commas to separate words or phrases.
If you’re tracking hashtags on Instagram or want to track data from Facebook or Instagram accounts, you need to add each Page or account as a targeted data source. Track Facebook and Instagram mentions in Insights to learn more.
- If you want to filter out any terms from your search, select the Exclude tab and enter them in the appropriate fields.
- Select Search to see your results.
Build an advanced search query manually
You can create your own search query manually using search terms and Boolean operators. Insights supports advanced Boolean operators to help you optimize your search results. See Advanced searches in Insights to learn more.
- Go to Insights, and enter your search terms and Boolean operators in the search field.Tip: Select Advanced search help to view a list of operator definitions and examples you can use to build your search.
- Press ENTER to run your search query. If there is a problem with your query syntax, Insights highlights the error and provides guidance on how to fix it.
When you run your search, Insights displays a set of standard metrics for the mentions in your search results. See Analyze Insights search results for more information.
Note: If you want to see results for a different time frame, you need to save your search and then select a new date range.
Save a search
Before you save your search, make sure there's at least one spot left in your organization's saved searches allotment. To learn more, see Saved search limits in Insights.
- Go to Insights, enter your search term in the search field, and then press ENTER.
- Select Save Search.
- Enter a name, select the teams that can access it, add an optional description, and then select Save.
View a saved search
You can see all of the saved searches created by members of your organization on the Saved Searches page.
Go to Insights, and then select Saved Searches. Point to the question mark to see how many of your organization’s allotted searches have been used.
View recent quick searches
You can access your most recent quick searches from the Quick Search page.
Go to Insights, and select a recent search from the list on the Quick Search page. Insights runs the query and displays your search results.
Can't find what you're looking for? We're here to help