Article updated: May 09, 2023
Resolve Facebook issues in Sparkcentral
If the connection to a Facebook Page is broken, suspended, or rescinded, incoming content to Sparkcentral will fail. Errors will also occur when sending outbound messages via Sparkcentral.
The following are some of the reasons why Page connections could break or fail:
- The person who connected the Facebook Page to Sparkcentral changed their Facebook password.
- The person who connected the Facebook Page no longer has admin access.
- The person who connected the Facebook Page manually removed or deleted the authorization in Facebook.
- Facebook expired the connection (this is the least common reason).
If your account experiences a failure of all incoming content and there is no acknowledged system-wide incident, try the following:
- Check the Page-level access of the administrator who connected the Page.
- Re-add the Page in Sparkcentral.
You may see one of the following messages when responding to messages:
- Facebook is reporting an error authenticating this user for this page. Please ask an administrator to re-authenticate this page.
- Your Facebook access token has expired.
To re-authenticate a Facebook Page:
- Make sure that you are an administrator of the account and that you are logged in to the correct Facebook account in a separate browser window.
- In Sparkcentral, go to Admin settings, expand Channels and business hours, and then select Channels.
- Select Add channel, and then select Facebook.
- In the dialog box that appears, select Continue.
It could take up to 30 minutes for everything to work normally again.
Can't find what you're looking for? We're here to help