Article updated: October 22, 2021
Delete a contact in Sparkcentral
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) governs how personal data must be collected, processed, and erased. It includes the "right to be forgotten," which means that organizations must erase personal data when an individual requests it.
Admins can handle these requests in Sparkcentral by deleting contact. When a contact is deleted, their conversation history, attachments, and contact attributes are permanently removed from Sparkcentral. If the individual communicates with you again, they will appear as a new contact.
Delete a contact
- Make sure you have access to all channels.
- In conversation view, use the Search Conversations box to find the contact.
- Select the user, and then on the Contact tab, select Delete under the contact's name.
- When prompted, enter a Contact Identity Hint to help identify which contact was deleted.
- Select Delete. A confirmation message appears.
Find deleted contact information logs
When you delete a contact, Sparkcentral creates a log of the deletion event. To view a log:
- Go to Settings, expand Privacy & Security, and then select Deleted Contacts.
You can review contact hint information, the deleted contact's platform, the deletion date, and the admin who deleted the contact.