Article updated: March 19, 2023
Tags are applied at message level to provide additional detail. They can provide useful metadata for admins and help categorize messages for reporting purposes. For example, you can tag messages expressing a positive or negative sentiment.
You can add multiple tags to a single message, both outbound an inbound. You can apply tags manually, or by using automations (learn more by reading Use automations in Sparkcentral).
To create, update, or delete tags, go to Admin settings, expand Routing and automation, and then select Tags.
- To create a new tag, select Add tag.
- To edit a tag, select the Edit icon next to the tag. Note: Tags are global, so any changes made apply to every channel and every conversation where the tag is applied.
- To delete a tag, select the Delete icon next to the tag, and then select Delete when prompted.Note: Deleted tags are removed from all channels and conversations. Admins can still see reporting for deleted tags, but there is no audit trail in conversations histories for deleted tags.
Tags in conversations
Agents can apply any number of tags to messages within conversations by selecting +Tag below each message and choosing a tag. Applied tags appear below the message immediately, and remain associated with that message.
Admins can also automatically apply tags based on keywords or phrases by setting up automations.
Tag reporting data
The Tags report provides visibility and insight into tag volume and usage. Supervisors can review tag reporting data in two ways:
- Channel supervisors select Exports, and then select Tags in the Export type list to review all tags that have at least one application in the selected time range.
- Supervisors can select Reports, and then select Tags. Select any channels and any tags for a customized report. Note that when a user first opens the Tags report, the top 10 tags for the selected channel and date range appear by default, to provide insight into the most-used tags.
Can't find what you're looking for? We're here to help