You can apply topics to conversations to help categorize, route, and prioritize the queue. Admins must create the topics, and then agents can apply them to conversations. Topics can also be applied by using automations. For more information see Using automations in Sparkcentral.
To create, update, or delete topics:
- On the Settings tab, expand Routing & Automations, and then select Topics.
- To create a new topic, select Add Topic, and then enter a name and description.
- To edit a topic, select the Edit icon next to the topic.
To delete a topic, select the Delete icon next to the topic, and then select Delete when prompted.
Topics in conversation view
Agents can apply any number of topics to conversations by selecting + Topic above the conversation. Applied topics appear in conversation headers and remain associated with that conversation. Admins can also automatically apply topics based on keywords or phrases by setting up automations.
Route conversations using topics
To learn how to route conversations to your team using topics, see Team and skills-based routing in Sparkcentral.
Admins can label certain topics as high priority to prioritize conversations in the queue. On the Settings tab, expand Routing & Automation, and then select Prioritization.
The more topic matches in a single conversation, the higher the priority and the higher its place in the queue. To learn more, see Sparkcentral conversation prioritization.
Topic reporting data
The Topics report provides visibility and insights into topic volume and usage. Supervisors can review topic reporting data in two ways:
- Channel supervisors can select Analytics, choose Exports, and then select Topics in the Export Type list to review topics data.
- Supervisors can select Analytics, choose Reports, and then select Topics. Select any channels and any topics for a customized report. Note that when a user first opens the Topics report, the top 10 topics for the selected channel and date range appear by default, to provide insight into the most-used topics.