Article updated: September 13, 2021
Business hours in Sparkcentral
Business Hours are the scheduled hours that agents are available to answer customers. These can be set per channel. Settings business hours allows you to enable auto responder scripts for during and outside of business hours and helps provides insight into team performance. If you don't configure business hours, Sparkcentral assumes that your business is available 24/7.
To set business hours:
- On the Settings tab, expand Channels & Business Hours, and then select Business Hours.
- On the Business Hours page, select Add Business Hours.
- Enter a name, select a time zone, hours, and holidays, and apply channels as needed.
First response time
The business hours you configure are factored in to your First Response Time calculation (on the Settings tab, select Reports, and then select SLA). They are also reflected in the Resolved Conversations and Open Conversations exports.
First response time is calculated for human agents only, not virtual agents.
Your business hours are set to 9 AM-5 PM.
1. Customer sends a message during business hours
- 1:00 AM Inbound message from a customer
- 10:05 AM Agent responds
- The first response time in this example is 5 minutes.
2. Customer sends a message outside business hours
- 8:00 AM Inbound message from a customer
- 9:20 AM Agent responds
- The first response time in this example is 20 minutes.
3. Customer sends a message during business hours and a virtual agent sends the initial response
- 11:00 AM Inbound message from a customer
- 11:01 AM Virtual Agent responds
- 11:02 AM Virtual Agent moves the conversation to the New queue
- 11:30 AM Agent responds
- The first response time in this example is 28 minutes.