Article updated: September 13, 2021
Add Twilio to Sparkcentral
Twilio is a cloud communications provider and one of the platforms used in Sparkcentral to enable SMS messaging from and to clients.
Buy a number on Twilio
To send and receive SMS messages, you'll need an active number on Twilio.
- Go to http://www.twilio.com and create an account or log in.
- In the left pane, select the # icon.
- Select Manage Numbers.
- In the left pane, click on the # icon.
- Select the red + to buy a new number.
You can search for a number based on your requirements, such as location, SMS, or voice.
Connect Sparkcentral with the telephone number
To connect a phone number to a Sparkcentral channel:
- On the Settings tab, expand Channels & Business Hours, and then select Channels.
- Select Add Channel.
- Select SMS via Twilio.
- In the Channel Name box, enter a unique name for this channel.
- Enter the account SID:
- In your Twilio console dashboard, select Settings. On the General Settings page, under API Credentials, select the LIVE Credentials tab and copy the Account SID.
- In Sparkcentral, paste the Account SID into the Account Sid box.
- In Twilio, select the eye icon under LIVE Credentials and copy the token that appears.
- In Sparkcentral, paste this token in the Auth Token box.
- In Twilio, select the # tab on the left, and the copy the phone number you want to connect.
- In Sparkcentral, paste this number in the Phone number sid box.
The channel is added to your Sparkcentral instance and can be used to send and receive text messages.