Article updated: February 14, 2022
Add Facebook and Instagram accounts to Sparkcentral
You can add Facebook and Instagram accounts to Sparkcentral. Engage with your audience and customers through a Facebook group, a Facebook Page, or an Instagram Business profile.
You can use Sparkcentral to manage:
- Facebook comments and direct messages
- Instagram comments, mentions, and direct messages
Note the following before you begin:
- Sparkcentral connects to Facebook Pages and groups through personal Facebook accounts that have management permissions for the Facebook Page or group.
- To add a Facebook Page to Sparkcentral, you must authorize Sparkcentral to access your personal profile during setup. However, you don't need to add your personal Facebook profile to Sparkcentral.
- Your Instagram Business profile must be connected to your business Facebook Page.
- When you add an Instagram account to Sparkcentral, you'll log in to the Facebook Page that your Instagram Business profile is linked to.
Add a channel
- Go to Admin settings, expand Channels and business hours, and then select Channels. Tip: Make sure you're already logged in to the Facebook Business account in a separate browser window. Sparkcentral uses the profile you are currently logged in to in step 3.
- Select Add channel, and then select either Facebook or Instagram.
- If this is your first time adding a channel in Sparkcentral, select Continue. If you previously linked Sparkcentral to Facebook and you're adding an additional Page, select Edit settings.
- When asked whether you want to add an Instagram account, select an account if applicable, and then select Next.
- When asked whether you want to add a Facebook Page, select an account if applicable, and then select Next.
- Scroll through the permissions list to ensure that Sparkcentral can access and manage all posts, comments, and conversations, and then select Done.
- Sparkcentral displays a list of pages you've enabled access to. Select Activate to authorize and link Sparkcentral with your account.
When the activation process is complete, the Facebook or Instagram account you added appears as a channel in Sparkcentral.
Edit the channel
- Go to Admin settings, expand Channels and business hours, and then select the Edit icon next to the channel you want to edit.
- Enable, disable, or modify any additional features available:
- Custom display name – Admins can customize the channel display name for all platforms, up to 255 characters. When you save the new channel display name, it is visible to all users in the channel selector under Conversation view.
- Auto-ownership – Agents can automatically own conversations after they respond. When this option is disabled, conversation ownership must be manually assigned. When a conversation status is set to Resolved, all ownership is removed.
- Auto-resolve New queue - Automatically move conversations from the New queue to the Resolved queue. By default, all conversations older than 30 days are automatically resolved. You can change this default setting, and you can set different times for each channel.
- Auto-resolve Pending queue - Automatically move conversations from the Pending queue to the Resolved queue. By default, all conversations older than 30 days are automatically resolved. You can change this default setting, and you can set different times for each channel.
- Team access – Users who belong to a team have access to that team's channels. A user can be a member of more than one team.
- Channel access - Users with channel access can have one of three roles:
- Viewer – Agents with Viewer access can move conversations to Pending or Resolved, view the channels they have access to, and add tags, notes, and topics to conversations. They can't reply to conversations. This role may be useful for training new agents.
- Contributor – Agents with Contributor access can move conversations to Pending or Resolved, view the channels they have access to, add tags, notes, and topics to conversations, and reply in conversations. Contributors don't have access to reports.
- Supervisor – Agents with Supervisor access have the same permissions as Contributors, as well as access to Reports. To view reports, a user must have Supervisor access for the applicable channel.
- Admins may also toggle access on and off for All users and All teams.
Can't find what you're looking for? We're here to help