Add Facebook and Instagram accounts to Sparkcentral
Add Facebook and Instagram accounts to engage with your audience and customers through a Facebook group, a Facebook Page, or an Instagram business profile. You should be aware of the following important notes before you begin:
- Sparkcentral accesses Facebook Pages and groups through a personal Facebook account with management permissions for the Facebook Page or group.
- Adding a Facebook Page as a channel to Sparkcentral requires you to authorize Sparkcentral to access your personal profile during setup. However, you don't need to add your personal Facebook profile to Sparkcentral.
- Your Instagram business profile must be connected to your business Facebook Page.
- When adding an Instagram account to Sparkcentral, you'll log in to the Facebook Page to which your Instagram business profile is linked.
Add a channel
- On the Settings tab, expand Channels & Business Hours, and then select Channels.
Tip: Make sure that you are already logged in to the applicable business Facebook profile in a separate browser window. Sparkcentral uses the profile you are currently logged in to in step 3. If needed, you can manually log in to another account.
- Select Add Channel, and select either Facebook or Instagram.
- If it’s your first time adding a channel in Sparkcentral, select Continue. If you’ve previously linked Sparkcentral to Facebook and you're adding an additional Page, select Edit Settings.
- When asked whether you want to add an Instagram account, select an account if applicable, and then select Next.
- When asked whether you want to add a Facebook Page, select an account if applicable, and then select Next.
- Scroll through the permissions list to ensure that Sparkcentral is allowed to access and manage all posts, comments, and conversations, and then select Done.
- Sparkcentral displays a list of pages you've enabled access to. Select Activate to authorize and link Sparkcentral with your account.
When the activation process is complete, the Facebook or Instagram account you added appears as a channel in Sparkcentral.
Edit the channel
- On the Settings tab, expand Channels & Business Hours, and then select the Edit icon next to the channel you want to edit.
- Enable, disable, or modify any additional features available:
- Custom Display Name – Admins can customize the channel display name for all mediums, up to 255 characters. When you save the new channel display name, it is visible to all users in the channel selector in Conversation view.
- Auto-Ownership – Agents can automatically own conversations after responding. When this option is disabled, conversation ownership must be manually assigned. When a conversation status is set to Resolved, all ownership is removed.
- Auto-Resolve New Queue - Automatically move conversations from the New queue to the Resolved queue. By default, all conversations older than 30 days are automatically resolved. You can change this default setting, and you can set different times for each channel.
- Auto-Resolve Pending Queue - Automatically move conversations from the Pending queue to the Resolved queue. By default, all conversations older than 30 days are automatically resolved. You can change this default setting, and you can set different times for each channel.
- Team Access – Users who belong to a team have access to that team's channels. A user can be a member of more than one team.
- Channel Access - Users with channel access can have one of three roles:
- Viewer – This role can move conversations to Pending or Resolved, view the channels they have access to, and add tags, notes, and topics to conversations. They cannot reply to conversations. This role may be useful for training new agents.
- Contributor – This role can move conversations to Pending or Resolved, view the channels they have access to, add tags, notes, and topics to conversations, and reply in conversations. Contributors do not have access to reports.
- Supervisor – This role has all of the permissions a Contributor, as well as the ability to access the Reports tab. To view reports, a user must have the Supervisor role for the applicable channel.
- Admins may also toggle access on and off for All Users and All Teams.