Article updated: August 16, 2022
Away states in Sparkcentral
Admins can add and customize the default away states available to agents, letting you better track how they record their time when not working with contacts. This feature can provide insight into agent productivity, help with forecasting, and create a foundation for reports.
To add an away state, do the following:
- Go to Admin settings, expand Agent workspace, and then select Away states.
- On the Away states page, select Add away state.
Away states are global, so you don't need to create them for each channel. On the Away states page, you can use the toggles to enable or disable each one. You can also edit or delete them at any time by selecting Edit or Delete next to the state; all associated data remains available in reports after deletion.
Select a state - agents
Agents can select the state most applicable to them when they step away from Sparkcentral by selecting the status bar and choosing from the list.
Teams can also use the away state feature to check on the current availability of their teammates by looking at the team chat. The Team chat header shows how many agents are online. Selecting this header displays a list of team members who are online, along with their current status.
View away state reports - supervisors
Supervisors can view away time reports to better understand how their teams are spending their time when not engaged with customers. Under Analytics, select Exports, select On-demand, and then choose User presence in the Export type list.
To learn more, see User presence.
Set default availability
You can decide whether you want to be Available or Away when you sign in to Sparkcentral. If you’re available, you’ll get the first conversation waiting in the New queue. When you don’t want to handle the queue, change your status to Away (or another status, depending on your organization’s available settings).
You can change your default availability settings, as well as other personal settings, including:
- What happens when you press Enter on your keyboard while typing a message
- Whether sounds are on or off
- Whether to get confirmation when muting a contact
- Notification settings for:
- The queue (number of conversations, new conversations, conversation status changes)
- SLA (service-level agreement) breaches
- Low customer satisfaction (CSAT) survey scores
To adjust any of these personal settings, follow these steps:
- Under Inbox Settings, select Personal preferences.
- Select either General or Notifications.
Can't find what you're looking for? We're here to help