Sparkcentral contact attributes
Contact attributes are useful contextual data about a contact, such as email address, first and last name, account ID, loyalty points balance, etc. Together, they can provide agents with a more in-depth view of customers. This customer knowledge can help increases digital agent efficiency by reducing time spent on identifying questions or switching to another business application to look up a contact’s profile. This efficiency saves time and improves the overall customer experience.
Contact attributes appear on the Contact tab in the agent desktop for easy access and visibility during conversations. The Contact tab is completely configurable for an organization. It can be populated manually by an agent or through an integration with an external CRM or other back-end business application.
The tab displays the following:
- Primary and secondary channel IDs (such as WhatsApp profile name and phone number)
- Whether the contact has been validated against their CRM profile
- Whether a CRM lookup was successful
- When the last CRM lookup was performed
- All default, custom, and medium contact attributes configured by an admin to appear
- Any custom contact attributes managed through CRM integration, indicated by a cloud icon
- Any custom contact attributes or medium contact attributes set up as a lookup attribute by an admin, indicated by a magnifying glass icon
Add and manage contact attributes
On the Settings tab, expand Agent Workspace, and the select Contact Attributes.
Admins can perform the following functions:
- Create, configure, edit, and delete custom contact attributes
- Enable or disable appearance of custom contact attributes and medium contact attributes on the agent desktop
- Reorder the sequence in which custom contact attributes and medium contact attributes appear
- Mark custom contact attributes and medium contact attributes as lookup attributes (for use in a CRM lookup)
- Mark contact attributes as CRM managed attributes (which are populated by a CRM after a CRM lookup)
- Link a CRM or ticketing system using the Sparkcentral Write-back API to send conversation metadata, status, topic, conversation notes, and contact attributes to the CRM or ticketing system
- Set up a matching attribute used for cross-channel conversation history
Types of contact attributes
Attributes are either medium contact attributes or custom contact attributes.
Medium contact attributes
Medium contact attributes are default attributes that are automatically populated with channel metadata (such as Twitter followers or WhatsApp phone number).
- These attributes appear on the Contact tab of the relevant channel. For example, Twitter followers appear only in a Twitter channel.
- These attributes are automatically populated by the system. They cannot be populated or edited by agents or through integration with an external application like a CRM.
- They can be used as lookup attributes to trigger a CRM lookup, but they cannot be classified as CRM managed attributes because they are populated with channel metadata.
- Admins can enable or disable their appearance on the Contact tab of their respective channels.
Medium contact attributes vary by channel, based on, and limited to, the metadata that is made available by the channel.
|Handle Name, Name, Bio, Followers, Contact Location, Website, Language, (Link to) Profile Image, Tweets, Following, Account Created at, Verified Status|
|Phone Number, Profile Name|
|IN-WEB/ IN-APP CHAT||Email, First Name, Last Name, Browser Language, Device OS, Device carrier, Device WiFi, SDK Version, Page Title, Page Domain (Website link)|
|Twilio SMS||Phone Number|
Custom contact attributes
Custom contact attributes are created by admins and have the following features:
- These attributes appear on the Contact tab for all channels and mediums.
- Admins can configure them to be populated as freeform or selected from a drop-down list.
- They can be manually populated by agents or automatically populated by an auto responder or a CRM lookup.
- They can be classified as CRM managed attributes as well as lookup attributes.
- Admins can enable or disable their appearance on the Contact tab.
- Admins can create any number of custom contact attributes.
Add a custom contact attributes
- On the Settings tab, expand Agent Workspace, and the select Contact Attributes.
- Select Add Attribute.
- Select either Freeform or Dropdown List.
- Freeform allows agents to enter freeform text or numbers.
- Dropdown List provides agents with a choice of two or more options to choose from.
- Select an icon, give the attribute a name, and select any other options you like.
- Select Save.
Review contact attributes reporting data
Channel supervisors can access reports on the Analytics tab by selecting Exports, selecting On- Demand, and then selecting Contact Attributes in the Export Type list.
Integrate your CRM with Sparkcentral
To learn how to connect your CRM using contact attributes, see Sparkcentral CRM API.