Article updated: March 19, 2023
Contact groups in Sparkcentral
Contact groups filter the queue by prioritizing or routing conversations to the team with the most appropriate set of skills.
Contact groups are based on Sparkcentral contact attributes. Contact attributes can be created manually, automatically retrieved from a CRM system, or populated by the channel, such as the number of Twitter followers.
Example contact groups:
- Influencers on Twitter with more than 1,000 followers
- Customers with a loyalty status of platinum
Admins can create, update, and delete contact groups in Settings.
Create a contact group
- Go to Admin settings, expand Routing and automation, and then select Contact groups.
- Select Add contact group.
- Enter a name for your group.
- In the Contact attribute definition list, choose an attribute. Disabled attributes don't appear in this list.
- Under Operator, choose an operator. Note the following:
- >,≥ ,<, and ≤ are available for CRM-managed attributes and attributes with “Number” or “date” formats.
- = can be used for text or numeric contact attributes. For strings, it looks for an exact match but is not case sensitive. So, “Platinum” = “platinum”.
- ANY OF allows you to create a list of values to include for a contact group.
- In the text box, enter text or a value, if needed. Text values do not require the use of quotation marks.
|Use case||Contact group name||Rule||Operator||Value|
|Is the contact on the website?||Website visitor||Page URL||Not Empty|
|Is the contact using the mobile app?||App user||Device Platform||Not Empty|
|Does the contact speak French?||French||Language||Is||FR|
|Is the contact in Belgium?||BE||Phone||Contains||+32|
Route conversations using contact groups
To learn how to route conversations to your team using contact groups, see Skill set routing in Sparkcentral
Prioritize contact groups
Admins can label certain contact groups as high-priority to prioritize conversations in the queue. In Admin settings, expand Routing and automation, and then select Prioritization.
The more contact group matches there are in a single conversation, the higher the priority of the conversation and the higher its place in the queue. To learn more, see Sparkcentral conversation prioritization.
See contact groups in conversations
You can filter the queue by contact group to help agents focus on specific types of conversations:
- In the queue, select Filter, and then choose Contact groups in the list.
When you point to the indicator in the queue, you will see the matching high-priority contact groups.
Contact groups that are applied to a conversation are always visible to agents in the conversation header bar.
Can't find what you're looking for? We're here to help