To keep users’ information safe and secure, Facebook is changing the way all partners like Hootsuite access data. We are in full support of these changes because we believe they are critical to maintaining trust between our customers and their customers. Some of these changes have impacted or will impact Hootsuite functionality.
As of April 4th, changes to the Facebook and Instagram APIs have impacted Hootsuite in the following ways:
- Facebook Group, Event, and Page Search streams will no longer display identifiable user information such as username and profile picture.
- Facebook Page Search streams will be deprecated. It will no longer be possible to add streams for Pages you do not own.
- Events streams for Facebook profiles are no longer available.
- Mentioning Facebook Pages in posts will no longer be supported.
- Tagging Facebook branded content will no longer be supported.
- Facebook profiles will need to be re-authenticated every 90 days. There is no change to Facebook Pages.
- Liking Instagram posts or comments will no longer be supported.
- Following or unfollowing Instagram users will no longer be supported.
- Searching Instagram users when @mentioning in posts will no longer be supported.
- Commenting on Instagram posts will no longer be supported, except Instagram Business profiles who can continue commenting on their own posts.
- Instagram user search streams will be deprecated.
- Resharing will no longer be supported in hashtag or location search streams.
- Instagram data will no longer be available in Hootsuite Impact’s Brand Tracker and Real-Time Competitor Report modules.
- Identifiable Instagram user information such as usernames and profile pictures will no longer be displayed in hashtag/location searches, comments in Analytics, and mentions in Hootsuite Insights.
- Instagram user profile information including bio, followers, following and recently posted media will no longer be available.
As a strategic partner we will continue to work with Facebook to ensure a great outcome for our customers and will provide updates as we have them.