Engage with content, and manage the engagement on your own posts, within Hootsuite Streams. Comment on Facebook Page, LinkedIn and YouTube content, and your own Instagram business profile content. You can also moderate comments on your own Facebook Page or Instagram business posts by hiding them.
Comments on your own Facebook Page posts can also be replied to with private messages, if messaging is enabled natively on the Facebook Page.
In this article:
To comment on a post or video
- Select Streams from the launch menu.
- Click the tab hosting the stream.
- Click Write a comment below the post, enter a comment, and then press ENTER.
To reply to a comment
- Click Write a reply below the comment, or click More Actions to the right of the comment and then Reply, enter a reply, and then press ENTER.
To reply to a Facebook Page comment with a private message
Page admins can reply to comments from on their own posts with private messages in the My Posts, Timeline, and Activity streams. The comment has to be from a Facebook profile to be able to reply with a message. Messaging must also be enabled for the Page. Note that due to an API limitation, private replies are only allowed for a limited time. This is usually several months, but is subject to change.
- Click More Actions beside the comment, and then click Reply with Message.
- Enter your reply, and then click Send.
The conversation will appear in your Messages stream.
To create a comment stream
If a post in a Facebook Page or LinkedIn stream is getting a lot of comments, create a comment stream to manage its engagement separately.
- Click More Actions below the post, and then click Create Comment Stream.
To hide a Facebook Page comment
Hide or unhide visitor comments and replies on your Page. Hidden comments and replies are still visible on the Page to the commenter and their friends. They also remain visible to you in your Page Activity stream.
- Click More Actions beside the comment or reply, and then click Hide. Hidden comments will be faded in-stream.
To hide an Instagram comment
Instagram business profiles that are enabled for direct publishing can hide or delete comments on their posts in the My Posts stream. Note that Instagram streams do not support IGTV content.
- Click More Actions below the comment or reply, and then click Hide. Hidden comments will be faded in-stream.