Add a Facebook Page or group to your Hootsuite dashboard for individual use, or to an organization, so multiple users can collaborate on managing them through their Hootsuite accounts.
Hootsuite accesses your Pages and groups through a personal Facebook profile associated with each, but you are not required to add those personal profiles to the dashboard.
To add a Facebook Page
- The Facebook user must have a Page Role permission of Admin or Editor.
- To add a location Page, the user must have a Page Role on the location page itself. Role permissions inherited from the parent page are not recognized in Hootsuite due to a Facebook API limitation.
To add a Facebook group
- The Facebook user must be an Admin of the group.
- Before adding a group to Hootsuite, a group admin needs to add Hootsuite to the group as an authorized app within the group’s settings in Facebook.
See how to add an app to a group
To add a Facebook Page/group
Tip: To ensure this process works successfully, log out of Facebook.com natively before you begin.
- Click your profile picture ( by default) in the top-right corner of the dashboard, and then select Manage Social Networks.
- Click + Private Network in the bottom-left corner of the dashboard.
To add the Page/group to an organization, click Manage beside the organization name, and then click Add a Social Network in the bottom-right corner of the dashboard.
- Select Facebook from the list, and then click Connect with Facebook.
- Enter your Facebook credentials (email and password), and then click Log in.
You will be prompted to Continue as [your Facebook profile name]. This does not add your profile to Hootsuite, but authorizes the dashboard to access any Pages or groups associated with it.
- Click OK in the bottom-right corner of the following permission prompt. This gives Hootsuite access to your profile, Page(s), group(s), and ads, and enables the ability to post to them. Don’t worry, you haven’t imported anything yet!
- Check the box beside the Page(s), group(s) or profile you want to add to your dashboard, and then click Done.
- If your Page isn't appearing: You may not have clicked OK when prompted to do so in step 5. Log out of Facebook natively and start the process over.
- If your Page is greyed out: You do not have adequate Admin or Editor Page permissions to add it to Hootsuite. Click Ensure you have adequate permissions to confirm and resolve your permissions issue.
- If your group is greyed out: The Hootsuite app likely hasn’t been added to the group yet in Facebook natively.
- Optional: If the Page selected has access to an ad account, check the box beside the ad accounts you want to add to the dashboard, and then click Done. Add your ad accounts to promote posts with Hootsuite’s boosting feature.