Add a Facebook Page or group to your Hootsuite dashboard for individual use, or to an organization, so multiple users can collaborate on managing them through their Hootsuite accounts.
Hootsuite accesses your Pages and groups through a personal Facebook profile associated with each, but you are not required to add those personal profiles to the dashboard.
To add a Page, the Facebook user must have a Page Role permission of Admin or Editor.
Note: To add a location Page, the user must have a Page Role on the location page itself. Role permissions inherited from the parent page are not recognized in Hootsuite due to a Facebook API limitation.
To add a group, the Facebook user must be an Admin of the group.
Note: Before adding a group to Hootsuite, a group admin needs to add Hootsuite to the group as an authorized app within the group’s settings in Facebook. See how to add an app to a group here.
To add a Facebook Page/group
To ensure this process works successfully, log out of Facebook.com natively before you begin.
- Click your profile picture ( by default) in the top-right corner of the dashboard, and then select Manage social networks.
- Click (Add) + Private Network in the bottom-left corner of the dashboard.
To add the Page/group to an organization, click Manage beside the organization name, and then click Add a Social Network in the bottom-right corner of the dashboard.
- Select Facebook from the list, and then click Connect with Facebook.
- Enter your Facebook credentials (email and password), and then click Log in.
You will be prompted to Continue as [your Facebook profile name]. This does not add your profile to Hootsuite, but authorizes the dashboard to access any Pages or groups associated with it.
- Click OK in the bottom-right corner of the following permission prompt. This gives Hootsuite access to your profile, Page(s), group(s), and ads, and enables the ability to post to them. Don’t worry, you haven’t imported anything yet!
- Check the box beside the Page(s), group(s) or profile you want to add to your dashboard, and then click Done.
- Optional: If the Page selected has access to an ad account, check the box beside the ad accounts you want to add to the dashboard, and then click Done. Add your ad accounts to promote posts with Hootsuite’s boosting feature.
If your Page isn’t appearing as an option to add in step 6:
- You may not have clicked OK when prompted to do so in step 5. Log out of Facebook natively and start the process over, and be sure to click OK next time.
- You do not have Facebook admin permissions for the Page or group. You cannot add a Facebook group if you don’t have admin permissions.
If your Group is greyed out in step 6, it could be because the Hootsuite app hasn’t been added to the group yet in Facebook natively.