Troubleshoot sign-in issues
This article describes some the common issues and resolutions related to signing into Hootsuite using an email address and password.
If you are trying to login to Hootsuite using a social account that is connected to your dashboard, see Sign in or out of Hootsuite. If your account is suspended, see Manage an overdue or suspended account.
I'm experiencing issues with my login or password
- Make sure you are using the email address associated with your Hootsuite account.
- Pay attention to capitalization when entering your password.
- Request a password reset to be delivered to the email address associated with your Hootsuite account here: hootsuite.com/reset-password. Check your spam and junk mail folders if you have trouble finding the reset password email. For more information, see Troubleshoot not receiving Hootsuite emails.
I'm experiencing issues with an email address
If Hootsuite does not recognize your email address or you don't have access to the email address associated with your Hootsuite account, see the following.
If you have a paid Hootsuite account and don't have access to the email address associated with your Hootsuite account, contact our Support team. If you are a free plan member and don’t have access to the email address associated with your Hootsuite account, you can create a new account and reclaim your social networks.
- Sign up for your free Hootsuite account.
- Add your social accounts to Hootsuite (you will be prompted to reclaim them if they are associated with another account). See Add a social account to Hootsuite.
If you can not remember your Hootsuite account email address, or Hootsuite does not recognize the email address you are using to sign in, contact our Support team.
Tip: Make sure that your email address is spelled correctly. If you have ever received an email (or invoice) from Hootsuite, that email address is associated with a Hootsuite account.
Request to use Single Sign-On
Enterprise account owners have the option of enabling Single Sign-On (SSO) so that team members can login to Hootsuite with their corporate credentials. If this feature is enabled for your organization, you can log in using SSO.
Important: For assistance with SSO, please contact your Enterprise account manager.
Other troubleshooting steps
- Refresh your browser and try to sign in again. For more information, see Refresh Hootsuite in your web browser.
- Clear your cache and try to sign in again. For more information, see Clear your browser cache.
- Sign in from a different web browser. This can help you troubleshoot whether you are experiencing a browser-specific issue.
- Sign in from a different computer. This can help you troubleshoot whether you are experiencing a computer-specific issue.
- If you are using a router, connect your computer directly to your modem and try to sign in again.
- If you can access Hootsuite, this could be an issue with your router’s firewall. Adjust your firewall to allow logins for secure sockets layer (SSL) and https protocol. Consult your router's help manual for instruction.
- Sign in on a different computer from a different Internet Protocol (IP) address. If multiple computers cannot sign in from the same direct connection to a modem, there may be an issue with your Internet Service Provider (ISP).