Article updated: October 25, 2023
Connect Zendesk to Inbox 2.0
Does your customer service team use Zendesk? Expand your customer care experience by adding the Zendesk integration to Inbox 2.0. When you connect your Zendesk account to Inbox 2.0, you can create customer support cases from conversations in Inbox 2.0.
Connect your Zendesk account
You must be a Zendesk Support admin to connect your account. You'll need a Zendesk API token, the email address of the Zendesk admin who creates the API token, and your Zendesk host URL. Learn how to generate an API token.
- In Inbox 2.0, go to Admin settings, expand Integrations and APIs, and then select Zendesk.
- Enter your information, tags are optional. Make sure you include the
https://in your host URL.
- Use the switch at the top of the page to turn the integration on.
Create a Zendesk ticket from a conversation
Create a Zendesk support ticket and include your conversation details.
- In Inbox 2.0, go to the beginning of any conversation.
- In the Contact attributes, ensure the best email address for the customer is included.
- Select Create Zendesk ticket to create a new ticket using the currently open conversation. Inbox includes the conversation history and attachments in the ticket.
- Select the link from the upper-right corner of the conversation to view the ticket in Zendesk.
Can't find what you're looking for? We're here to help