Article updated: May 30, 2023
Changes to Impact and Analytics - Summer 2023
We're saying goodbye to Impact - and hello to Hootsuite Advanced Analytics. Proving the business value of your social media campaigns and activity is about to get a lot easier. With Advanced Analytics, you won't have to switch between Hootsuite and the Impact app - you'll find all the data, analytics, and reporting you need right in Hootsuite.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Better experience - No more switching between apps. Manage all your ROI measurement and reporting, including adding and managing social accounts and team members, in a single place.
- Better metrics - Add multiple metrics to a single chart? Oh yeah. Create custom metrics across multiple social networks for a holistic view? You got it. See Page- and post-level metrics for all your Pinterest posts, including video metrics? Check.
- Better data - Connect your Google Analytics 4 account to Impact to analyze and report on your social and web performance in one view.
What you need to do to prepare
If you are an Impact customer, this change will require a little work on your part.
- Make sure you've added your social accounts to Hootsuite. You may have had them connected in Impact, but now that we're moving to Advanced Analytics, you'll need to connect them to Hootsuite. Learn how to connect your social accounts to Hootsuite.
- We'll be merging a lot of metrics from Impact into Analytics and vice versa. This may change some of your custom metrics and require that you recreate them in Advanced Analytics. Learn how to create custom metrics.
- When adding Impact metrics to a report, you'll find them in Analytics. The Impact option is going away.
- Become familiar with the new metrics (check out the all new Pinterest metrics!). Once released, you'll be able to find them all in Metrics in Analytics.
Can't find what you're looking for? We're here to help