Article updated: July 14, 2023
Share stream content
You can share content from your Facebook, Instagram, or YouTube streams to your own social networks. To share Twitter content, see Like, reply, retweet, and message in Twitter streams.
Re-share Instagram posts
If you have an Instagram Business profile connected to a Facebook Page, you can re-share others' Instagram posts from a hashtag search stream to your Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram accounts. Always credit the original poster's @username when re-sharing someone else's Instagram content.
Due to an Instagram limitation, you can publish only one image per Instagram post. If you re-share a post with multiple images, Instagram publishes only the first image.
- Go to Streams, select the board hosting the Instagram stream, and locate the post you want to re-share.
- Select View on Instagram, and then copy the poster's @username.
- In the Hootsuite stream, select Reshare. The post's image and caption appear in the Composer.
- Enter the @username in the caption to give photo credit to the original poster before sending or scheduling.
Share YouTube videos
You can share YouTube videos from your streams to the rest of your social networks.
- Go to Streams, and find the board hosting the YouTube stream.
- Select More options for the video you want to share, and then select Share.
- Preview your video link in the Content area of the Composer, and then complete your post.
Sharing YouTube videos to Twitter results in a playable embedded video in your tweet. Sharing to other social networks results in a link preview that shows the video title and a clickable thumbnail image.
Share Facebook content
You can share Facebook content from your streams to your own Facebook Pages or groups.
- Go to Streams, and select the board hosting the Facebook stream.
- Select Share below the post.
- Select the Page or group from which you'll share the post.
- Optional: Select Say something about this and enter a comment about the shared content.
- Select Share.
Hootsuite displays the number of times a post is shared below the post (this number updates when you refresh the browser).
- You cannot share private posts or posts in private or secret groups to another Page or group.
- Facebook does not allow scraping of Facebook-centric links, such as events, when publishing through third-party platforms like Hootsuite.
Can't find what you're looking for? We're here to help