Article updated: March 12, 2023
Connect an Instagram account to a Facebook Page
To access all the Instagram features available in Hootsuite, including direct publishing, your Business profile must be connected to a Facebook Page. You don't need to publish to your Facebook Page when you use Instagram, but the permissions required to manage your Instagram profile come from Facebook.
- Confirm that your Instagram profile is a Business profile (see Overview of Instagram profiles for instruction).
- If you don’t have an Instagram Business profile yet, see Convert an Instagram Personal profile to a Business profile.
- Make sure you've got the right permissions (see the Facebook help article See your Facebook Page role or access):
- Facebook Page classic - Admin or Editor Page role.
- New Facebook Pages experience - Full or partial control.
- Asset in Facebook Business Manager - Management access to the Page in your Business Manager account. See the Facebook help article Add People to Your Business Manager.
- Follow Instagram's instructions to Add an Instagram account from your Facebook Page.
Now you’re ready to add your Instagram Business profile to Hootsuite. If your Instagram profile is already connected to Hootsuite, add it again and Hootsuite will automatically update it for you when you complete the process.
Can't find what you're looking for? We're here to help