Article updated: June 22, 2022
Connect an Instagram account to a Facebook Page
To access all the Instagram features available in Hootsuite, including direct publishing, your Business profile must be connected to a Facebook Page. You don't need to publish to the Page when you use Instagram, but the permissions to manage your Instagram profile are granted to Hootsuite through Facebook. This is a requirement from Facebook (which owns Instagram).
Before you begin
- Confirm that your Instagram profile is a Business profile.
- To learn more about the different profile types and how to check what type you have, see Overview of Instagram profiles.
- If you don’t have an Instagram Business profile yet, see Convert an Instagram Personal profile to a Business profile.
- Confirm that you have an Admin or Editor Page role for the Facebook Page if it's a Classic Page type or Facebook access with full control or partial control on a New Page type. See the Facebook help article How do I see what my role is on a Facebook Page?.
- If the Page is an asset in Facebook Business Manager, you need management access to the Page in the Business Manager account as well. See the Facebook help article Add People to Your Business Manager.
Connect your Instagram account to a Facebook Page
- In a new browser tab, sign in to your Facebook account.
- Select Pages on the left, and then select the Page.
- Select Settings at the bottom of the Manage Page menu on the left.
- Select Instagram from the Page settings menu.
- Select Connect account.
- Confirm Facebook's prompts and then enter your Instagram account credentials (username and password) to connect the account to your Facebook Page.
Now you’re ready to add your Instagram Business profile to Hootsuite. If your Instagram profile is already connected to Hootsuite, add it again and Hootsuite will automatically update it for you when you complete the process.
Can't find what you're looking for? We're here to help