Connect an Instagram account to a Facebook Page
To access all the Instagram features available in Hootsuite, including direct publishing, your business profile must be connected to a Facebook Page. You don't need to publish to the Page when you use Instagram, but the permissions to manage your Instagram profile are granted to Hootsuite through Facebook. This is a requirement from Facebook (which owns Instagram).
Before you begin
- Confirm that your Instagram profile is a business profile.
- For more information about each Instagram profile type and how to check what type you have, see Overview of Instagram profiles.
- If you don’t have an Instagram business profile yet, see Convert an Instagram personal profile to a business profile.
- Confirm that you have an Admin or Editor Page role for the Facebook Page. See the Facebook help article Manage Page Settings.
- If the Page is an asset in Facebook Business Manager, you need Admin access to the Page in the Business Manager account as well. See the Facebook help article Add People to Your Business Manager.
Connect your Instagram account to a Facebook Page
- In a new desktop browser tab, sign in to your Facebook account.
- Select Pages on the left, and then select the Page.
- Select Settings at the bottom of the Manage Page menu on the left.
- Select Instagram from the Page Settings menu.
- Select Connect Account.
- Enter your Instagram account credentials (username and password) and then select Log In.
Now you’re ready to add your Instagram account to Hootsuite as an Instagram business profile. If your Instagram profile is already connected to Hootsuite, add it again and Hootsuite will automatically update it for you when you complete the process.