Article updated: June 05, 2023
Set preferences in the Hootsuite mobile app
You can switch between organizations without having to sign out and sign back into the Hootsuite mobile app. You can also change your settings to turn on dark mode or, if you're using an iOS device, to automatically add your current location to your Twitter posts. Read on to learn more about the settings and preferences you can change in the mobile app.
Note: The Hootsuite mobile app uses the time zone set on your device.
Select an organization
The organization selected in your app settings affects which social accounts you can see when creating posts and viewing scheduled posts in Planner.
- Select your account profile picture , and then select the Account tab.
- Select Organizations, and then choose from the list of available organizations.
Note: Inbox has its own organization setting. See Engage with and assign conversations in Inbox.
Change your dark mode settings
Dark mode reduces strain on the eyes in low-light environments and also improves your device's battery life. The Hootsuite mobile app uses the same mode as your device by default, but you can change your app settings if you want to always use light or dark mode.
Tip: Look for dark mode in your device’s display and brightness settings.
Dark mode is available in Hootsuite version 7.0 and later.
- Select your account profile picture , and then select the Settings tab.
- Select Dark mode.
- Choose your preferred dark mode setting.
Change more Hootsuite settings on iOS devices
- Select your account profile picture .
- Select the Settings tab, select Preferences, and change preferences as you like.
Timestamp – Displays either the absolute date and time or the relative time (for example, 2 hours ago) of each post in streams.
- Auto enable geotag – Adds your current location to Twitter posts, when location access is enabled for the Hootsuite app in your device settings.
- Timestamp – Displays either the absolute date and time or the relative time (for example, 2 hours ago) of each post in streams.
- Select Back in the top left to save your preferences and close.
Can't find what you're looking for? We're here to help