Article updated: December 01, 2023
Review your overall post performance
Use the Post performance view to see how your audience engaged with your posts. The Post performance view displays key metrics for up to 100 of your most recently published posts on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, Pinterest, YouTube, and Twitter. If you are a long-time customer, you can find Post performance data for dates as early Oct 2, 2017.
Review results for your posts
- Go to Analytics and select Post performance.
- Select the social network and accounts you want to review post performance for. If it’s easier, you can also search for and select the accounts you want to display in your view.
- Open the date picker to select the time frame you want to analyze, and then select Set.
- Select to view performance results in a Card view or a Table view.
- Choose the metrics you want to show in your view.
- When in Card view, select a metric from the Sort by list and review the posts with the best results for that metric.
- When in Table view, select Edit columns and select the metrics you want to add or remove from your view.
- Authors (people who published posts) are only displayed if that author published through Hootsuite.
- The Facebook Hot post metric identifies high-performing content at a glance. It looks at average engagement rates for content on each Page. It then uses a standard deviation to flag posts with high engagement rates. Once a post is flagged as "hot," that status does not change. Learn how to boost a Facebook post.
- We use the metric "Post paid impressions" to identify boosted posts. The value for that metric must be greater than 0 for us to identify a post as boosted. This means, if you boost a post, but don't get any paid impressions on that post, it will not be identified as a boosted post.
- Sort results in ascending or descending order to identify your top-performing posts.
- When in Card view, select one of the two options from the list.
- When in Table view, select a column heading to sort results in ascending or descending order.
- Optionally, select Filter to filter your posts by tag, campaign, or post type. This helps you review results only for posts associated with a specific tag, campaign, or type of post. Learn how to add and manage tags.
- Open the Tag list, select one or more tags, and then select Apply.
- Open the Campaign list, select one or more campaigns, and then select Apply.
- Open the Post type list, select one or more types of posts, and then select Apply. Post type filters are only available for Facebook Pages, Instagram Business accounts, and LinkedIn Pages and profiles.
Tip: Looking for a detailed analysis of a post? Point to a post and select More info in Card view or select the post in Table view to see all the metrics and performance results for that post.
Note: If you want to open the original post, select the time stamp link to open that post in the associated social network.
Repost your most successful posts
Consider reposting your posts with the highest reach, views, or engagement to get even more eyes and interaction on your content.
Follow these steps to repost a post:
Point to a post.
Select Repost to open it in Composer.
You can also point to a post, select More info in Card view or select the post in Table view, and then select Repost to open it in Composer.
Note: Reposting is not available for TikTok posts.
Export your Post performance view
Select Export and choose an export option from the list. Professional and Legacy pro plan customers can export this view to PDF. Business and Enterprise plan members can also export it to XLSX and CSV. Learn how to export an Analytics report.
Can't find what you're looking for? We're here to help