Article updated: September 16, 2021
Create an Insights report in Analytics
You can build an Insights report in Hootsuite Analytics (from a saved search) to ensure you're always on top of online conversations, topics and trends that matter to you most, and share that information with other team members.
When you build a report from your saved Insights search, you can export the Insights data to a variety of formats, including Excel (XLXS), Powerpoint (PPT), and PDF, so it's shareable with others. You can also schedule an Insights report and get it delivered straight to your Inbox.
If you want to see a different snapshot of your saved search results, you can change the date range for the Insights data right in Hootsuite Analytics. You can also compare the data for two or more saved searches in a single Insights report.
Create an Insights report
- Go to Insights, and select Saved Searches to view the list of searches saved by your team.
- Select a saved search.
- Select Build Report, and then select Continue. You are redirected to Hootsuite Analytics to build your Insights report.
- In the Add a new report window, choose one of the two pre-built templates (Search overview or Detailed search report), and then select Create report.
Note: When you export an Insights report to CSV, XLSX, or PPTX, the report does not include mentions. You can only export mentions to PDF in Analytics. To export mentions to CSV and JSON, go to Insights.
Compare saved searches in Analytics
You can compare your saved Insights searches in Analytics to see, for example, how your brand compares with your competitors in areas like share of voice, sentiment, and conversation volume. You can also compare performance of different campaigns through multiple searches.
You can compare up to 20 saved searches in a single Analytics report.
- Go to Analytics, and open your Insights report.
- Select the Insights saved searches you want to compare, and then select Apply.
- Point to a tile, and then select Configure tile.
- Select Data at the top of the Configure tile window.
- Under Sources, select the saved searches you want to compare, and then select Apply.
- Select Properties at the top of the Configure tile window.
- Under Compare by, select Net Sentiment.