Article updated: September 12, 2023
Manage your content calendar
View and manage your content calendar in one place with Planner. Your calendar shows your scheduled posts and all of the content you've published over the last year. You can edit, reschedule, or delete existing scheduled content, access your drafts, and more.
See View your ad campaigns in Planner for details on managing your ads.
Watch Creating a content calendar and using it effectively for planning guidance. Visit Hootsuite Academy to watch more videos, take courses, or earn industry-recognized certifications.
Go to Planner and use the options at the top of the calendar to view your content by date. If you're showing 10 or fewer social accounts in your calendar, those accounts are automatically selected. Select Filter to see content by social account and post status. Enterprise plan members can also view their content by campaign (see Create and manage content campaigns for details).
Tip: Select the star next to an account or team name in Social accounts to add it to a Favorites section at the top of the account list.
Choose a calendar view
Change your calendar view using the options at the top of the calendar.
View calendar as list - Display a list of your content over a two day period. The graph above the list shows the volume of posts for the month. The days shown in the list are highlighted in the graph. You can view more content by selecting a different day in the graph or hide the graph to save space.
View calendar by week - Find all your posts and drafts right here. You can see the number of published, scheduled, and draft posts at the top of each day. Select a post to view its details.
View calendar by month - See a summary of your content strategy over an entire month at a glance. Select a day to review the day’s scheduled content in detail. Select a post to edit or delete it. See Create and schedule content in Planner for details.
- View month by post status - Select the month view, and then select this option to look for posts with a specific status. You'll see numbers for published, draft, and scheduled posts. Icons at the bottom of each day show all other post statuses (published via social, failed, disconnected, rejected, expired, pending approval). Point to the status to see the number of posts with that status.
- View month by social network - Select the month view, and then select this option to find out how many posts you've created for each social network - giving you a good idea of where you might have gaps in your content calendar.
Note: Instagram posts
Manage your scheduled content
You can create new, scheduled content and reschedule, edit, delete, or suspend scheduled content right in the calendar. Select a post to open it in the calendar and take action on it. Learn more about creating and scheduling posts in Planner.
Customize your display settings
Select Settings to customize your display preferences.
- In the week view, you can choose to see all your content at a glance in the Condensed view or in its scheduled time slot in the Expanded view.
- Start your week on Sunday or Monday.
- Choose whether you want to Show recommended times when scheduling posts. Learn more about these recommendations.
- You aren't limited to seeing just the content you published in Hootsuite. Select Show posts published via social to also see the posts you published directly in a social network. (Posts published via social will only display from March 3, 2023 forward.)
Can't find what you're looking for? We're here to help