Article updated: November 02, 2022
Create a Pinterest pin
You can create and publish Pinterest pins in Hootsuite. To save time, you can publish to several Pinterest accounts or boards at once. Publish pins right away, or schedule them in advance for a specific day and time. Read on to learn about all you can do when creating pins in Hootsuite.
Note: You can only publish and schedule pins to Pinterest using the web version of Hootsuite.
Before you begin
- Make sure you’ve already added a Pinterest account to Hootsuite. To learn how, see Add a Pinterest account.
- There must be at least one board in your Pinterest account.
Create your pin
- Point to Composer , and select Pin.
- In the Pin to box, select a Pinterest board or type a keyword to search for a board.
You can also select Create new board to add a new board to your Pinterest accounts.Tip: If you see the message "You haven't connected any Pinterest accounts yet" but you have added a Pinterest account to Hootsuite, it means that you need to select the correct Hootsuite organization, or that there aren't any boards in your account. You must have at least one board in your Pinterest account.
- Add the website URL that the pin links to. Pinterest requires a full, valid website link, so shortened URLs are not supported.
- In the Content area, enter a description for your pin, including emoji. The character limit for pin descriptions is 500. Select the hashtag icon to get some hashtag suggestions (we recommend 2 - 5). Select the smiley face to add emoji (see also Add more inclusive emoji).
- Add an image or a GIF to your pin using one of the following options:
- Select Upload media.
- Select Media library , and then select Free Images or GIPHY. Choose a media file and then select Close media library.
- Business and Enterprise plan members: Select Media library, and then select Content Library Images to select an image from your pre-approved media files.Note: The maximum file size for uploaded images is 5MB. You can attach one image per pin. Videos are not supported.
- To edit an image, point to its thumbnail and select Edit image . You can use Pinterest-specific sizes in the image editor to crop your images. For more information, see Work with images.
Preview, schedule, and publish your pin
When you’re finished creating your pin, review it in the preview on the right to see how it will look on your Pinterest board. You'll be alerted to any issues with your pin. Then select from the following options in the bottom right:
- Post now - Publish the pin right away.
- Schedule for later - Select a date and time to publish the pin. Select Done, and then select Schedule.
- Save draft - Select the arrow next to Post now, and then select Save draft if you're not ready to publish or schedule your pin.
Tip: Find and manage your drafts, published posts, and scheduled posts in Planner .
If you want to create another pin right away, select the arrow next to Post now (or Schedule), and then select one of the following options:
- Post and reuse accounts (or Schedule and reuse accounts) - Publish your current pin and begin a new one to the same social accounts.
- Post and duplicate (or Schedule and duplicate) - Publish your current pin and retain its content to create a new, similar pin with a unique post ID.
Note: At this time, Pinterest analytics are only supported in Hootsuite Impact — available as an add-on to Business and Enterprise plans.
Can't find what you're looking for? We're here to help