Article updated: September 16, 2021
Manage your Hootsuite invoices
For paid plans, Hootsuite issues invoices based on your account subscription and term commitment. Services purchased are billed in advance on a monthly or yearly basis. Hootsuite invoices can be used for receipt purposes as they show each billed item and its corresponding payment. Payments received during the current invoice period are listed on the current invoice and late payments are listed on the next invoice. Hootsuite provides access to all of your invoices and payment history in detail.
Note: If you have a HootsuiteBusiness or Enterprise account, you need to contact your customer success manager to request or to modify an invoice.
When an account is switched from a paid account to a free account, a final invoice (or Settlement of Accounts) is sent to the email address associated with the Hootsuite account.
The final invoice provides the following information:
- A record of any final transactions that may have occurred after the plan switch and within the last 30 days (for example, late payments).
- Confirmation that the account has been settled.
- Sign in to Hootsuite.
- Go to My profile, and then select Manage my plan.
(Legacy Pro plan members, go to My profile, select Account settings, preferences and billing, and then select Modify or upgrade plan.)
- Select the Billing Info tab, and then select View Invoice to view details for your individual invoices.
- Print the invoice to PDF to download a copy of the invoice.
Provide additional information in your account settings, such as a PO number, tax numbers or your company address, that you want automatically included at the top of your invoices.
You can also enter a secondary account email address that will receive the account invoices, while the main email address will be CC'ed on all emails. This can be useful when parties other than yourself (accountants, for example) are responsible for maintaining account information.
Billing addresses in countries where VAT is applicable will incur standard VAT charges on their Hootsuite invoices. Enter your VAT number to have VAT excluded from future invoices. Previously paid invoices cannot be changed to include a newly added VAT. If you need to revisit a credit due on a paid invoice, contact customer support.
- Sign in to Hootsuite.
- Go to My profile, and then select Account settings, preferences, and billing.
- Enter the following information in the Invoice Preferences area:
- Additional Invoice Information - Enter any information you would like to include at the top of each invoice, to a maximum of 300 characters.
- Invoice Email Address - Enter an additional email address to send account invoices to.
- If applicable, enter your VAT number in the VAT Information field, and then click Validate.
- Select Save Invoice Preferences. Changes are reflected on all (future and past) invoices. Print the invoice to PDF to download a copy of the invoice.
Important: If you don't see Invoice Preferences in your account, please reach out to our support team for assistance.