Article updated: May 26, 2021
Display ads in Instagram
Instagram ad placement is supported in the External Website, Brand Awareness, Page/Place post, Mobile App Install, and Mobile App Engagement campaign types.
To create an Instagram-only campaign, select a relevant campaign type, and then in the Ads Design step (2) of campaign creation, you can remove all other placements except Instagram under the Placement & Previews section. See this help article to create an Instagram Story ad.
Before advertising on Instagram for the first time, ensure your Instagram account is connected to your Facebook ad account. Note that Instagram accounts must be public to be able to advertise on them.
Create a campaign with Instagram ad placement
- Click New campaign on the main navigation bar and proceed to create a campaign as usual.
- Under What do you want to promote? select a campaign type from the following options that support Instagram placement:
- External Website
- Brand Awareness
- Page post
- Place post
- Mobile App Install
- Mobile App Engagement
- Click Proceed.
- Select a Facebook Page, and then proceed to build your ad creative with an image/video, a URL, and a Call To Action.
- Text entered in the Ad Texts field will display as a caption below the image/video.
- The maximum video length for Instagram is 2 minutes.
- Thumbnail images for videos must have an aspect ratio between 4:5 and 1.91:1.
- Images must have a minimum size of 500 x 315px and an aspect ratio between 4:5 and 1.91:1.
- Page/Place post promotions: To promote specific posts from your Facebook Page, select the Page, click Specific Posts, and then select the post from the Post list. Posts eligible for Instagram will be indicated with an Insights icon.
- Select an Instagram account to advertise on. Not seeing your Instagram account?
- Under Placement & Previews, ensure Instagram is checked. For an Instagram-only campaign, uncheck all other placements.
- Proceed as usual to set up your campaign goal tracking, audience, and budget.