Article updated: August 15, 2022
Customize adset and ad names
You can specify your own naming convention for your campaign assets (your adsets and ads) if you don't want to use the file names that Hootsuite Ads automatically generates for them.
- On the Budget & Bidding page of your campaign, expand the Advanced options section.
- In the Asset and Ads Name Template section, select Insert Placeholder for the adset name or ad name field and choose an attribute from the list. Hootsuite updates the placeholder text for each unique adset or ad.
For example, if you use the image placeholder, Hootsuite adds the name of the unique image file used in each ad to the ad name.Note: If you enter your own text in this field, Hootsuite uses that text for every adset or ad. To ensure your asset names are differentiated, you can use a combination of text and placeholders.
You can also change the name of your campaign assets after you've published your campaign.
- In Hootsuite Ads, select Your campaigns, and choose your campaign from the list.
- Select the All ads tab.
- Point to the adset or ad, and select the pencil icon.
- Edit the name of the adset or ad.
Can't find what you're looking for? We're here to help