Article updated: September 13, 2021
Create an Instagram Story ad campaign
You can use Instagram Story ad campaigns to reach your audience on a more personal level. Create Story ads in Hootsuite Ads with a photo, or video, to appear between people's Stories on Instagram.
- On the Hootsuite Ads home page, select New campaign.
- On the Facebook tab, enter a name for your campaign and select an ad account.
- In the What do you want to promote? section, select External Website, and then select Proceed.
- On the Ads Design page, select your Facebook page, and specify the elements of your ad creative (headline, ad text, and upload a picture or video).
- Picture: Recommended size 1200x1920 px.
- Video: Up to 2 minutes long, and at least 600x315 px.
- In the Placement & Previews section, select Instagram Story and review the preview of your ad for the Instagram Story placement. If applicable, follow any instructions listed to successfully generate your Story ad.
- If your campaign is for Instagram Stories only, clear all other placement options.
- Select Proceed and complete your campaign set up as usual.