Article updated: November 10, 2021
Create a local awareness ad campaign
You can create local awareness ad campaigns in Hootsuite Ads to reach new customers on Facebook. A local awareness campaign type lets you show relevant ads to people who are near your business' brick-and-mortar location. This ad format not only helps drive traffic to your store, it also lets you highlight your business' ties to the community for prospective customers.
This campaign type supports bulk ad creation. See Create Facebook ad campaigns in bulk for more information.
- On the Hootsuite Ads home page, select New campaign.
- On the Facebook tab, enter a name for your campaign and select an ad account.
- In the What do you want to promote? section, select Local Awareness, and then select Proceed.
- On the Ads Design page, select your Facebook page, and specify the elements of your ad creative (headline, ad text, and picture or video). You can use carousel (up to 5 or 10 images depending on whether you are using creative optimization), image, and video formats.
- Select a Call to Action for your campaign (Call Now, Get Directions, or Learn More).
Note: If you are using the Call Now call to action, you must specify an international prefix (for example, +1, +39, and so on) with the number you provide. If you see the error "Unable to render preview", make sure you have included the international prefix.
- In the Placement & Previews section, select your ad placement options.
- In the Goal Tracking section, select how you want to measure goal conversions for your campaign.
- Select Proceed and complete your campaign set up as usual.