Article updated: November 10, 2021
Create a lead generation campaign
You can create a Facebook lead generation ad campaign to build interest in your business’s product or service. A lead generation ad includes a contact form right in the ad itself so that you can collect contact information for prospective customers without asking them to leave their current page.
- On the Hootsuite Ads home page, select New campaign.
- On the Facebook tab, enter a name for your campaign and select an ad account.
- In the What do you want to promote? section, select Lead Generation.
- Select Proceed.
- On the Ads Design page, select a Facebook page, and specify the elements of your ad creative (headline, ad text, and picture or video). You can use carousel (up to five images), image, and video formats for lead generation ads.
- Select an existing lead generation form, or select Create a new form to build a new lead generation form in Facebook's Lead Ads Form Builder.
- In the Placement & Previews section, select your ad placement options.
- In the Goal Tracking section, select how you want to measure goal conversions for your campaign.
- Select Proceed and complete your campaign set up as usual.
If you have accepted Facebook's Lead Ads Terms of Service with your Facebook Page, and Hootsuite Ads is still prompting you to accept the Terms of Service, save your campaign as a draft and refresh the page.
After you publish a lead generation campaign, you can set up a data sync of the campaign’s leads to a CRM of your choice, right from the campaign’s dashboard. See Sync contact data between Facebook and your CRM for more information.