Article updated: November 10, 2021
Create a campaign for a mobile app
You can use mobile app ads to generate installations or engagement with your app. To create a mobile app ad, you must register your app on Facebook first and associate it with your Facebook ad account.
Follow the steps in Facebook’s developer documentation to register and configure your app on Facebook.
When you have completed your app setup in Facebook, you'll have the option to create mobile app campaigns in Hootsuite Ads. You may need to sync your Facebook ad account in Hootsuite Ads to enable this functionality. Click Settings on the main navigation bar, click the Facebook ad accounts tab, and then click Sync on the ad account.
Sync your Facebook ad account
- On the Hootsuite Ads home page, select the gear icon.
- Select the Facebook Ad Accounts tab, and then select Sync on your Facebook ad account.
Create a mobile app campaign
- On the Hootsuite Ads home page, select New campaign.
- On the Facebook tab, enter a name for your campaign and select an ad account.
- In the What do you want to promote? section, select Application tab, select a mobile app campaign objective, and then select Proceed.
- On the Ads Design page, select a Facebook page, and select your app from the list.
Important: If you don't see your app in the list, or the URL triggers a validation error, this means that the app isn't registered on Facebook yet, or that the app details on Facebook weren’t correctly added during the Facebook setup.
- Specify the elements of your ad creative (headline, ad text, and picture or video). You can use carousel (up to five images), image, and video formats for lead generation ads.
- Select a Call to Action for your campaign.
- In the Placement & Previews section, select your ad placement options.
- Select Proceed and complete your campaign set up as usual.
Tip: On the Audience page, you can target users on specific mobile devices, if you want your campaign to run on mobile only. See Target mobile users for more information.
Can't find what you're looking for? We're here to help