Article updated: May 13, 2021
Revoke Hootsuite access to a social account
Social accounts have settings that list which apps can connect to the account. When you connect a social account to Hootsuite, the Hootsuite app gets authorized in these settings as a connected app. If you remove Hootsuite from these settings, its access to your account is revoked.
Revoke Hootsuite's access from a social account if you no longer need to manage it with Hootsuite. If an account hasn't yet been removed from Hootsuite, revoking will disconnect the account.
Revoke Hootsuite access to your Twitter account
- Sign in to Twitter using this link: twitter.com/settings/applications.
- Select Hootsuite, and then select Revoke access.
Revoke Hootsuite access to your Facebook account
- Sign in to Facebook using this link: facebook.com/settings?tab=business_tools.
- Select the box beside Hootsuite.
- Select Remove.
Important: Revoking Facebook access disconnects any Facebook groups and Pages your profile is admin of, and any Instagram Business profiles linked to those Pages. Each Instagram profile will need to be reconnected.
Revoke Hootsuite access to your YouTube or GoogleMyBusiness account
- Sign in to Google using this link: myaccount.google.com/permissions?hl=en_GB.
- Select Hootsuite, or Hootsuite-GoogleMyBusiness App, and then select RemoveAccess.
Revoke Hootsuite access to your LinkedIn account
- Sign in to LinkedIn using this link: linkedin.com/psettings/third-party-applications.
- Select Remove beside Hootsuite.
Revoke Hootsuite access to your Instagram account
- Sign in to Instagram using this link: instagram.com/accounts/manage_access/.
- Select Remove below Hootsuite, and then select Remove again to confirm.
Revoke Hootsuite access to your Pinterest account
- Sign in to Pinterest using this link: pinterest.ca/settings/apps
- Select Revoke Access next to Hootsuite and confirm your selection.