Article updated: May 19, 2022
Overview of custom permissions
Assign custom permissions to control access to Hootsuite functions and help prevent missteps. Custom permissions are assigned at the organization, team, and social account levels.
Plans: Business and Enterprise
Custom organization permissions
Set the following permissions to manage the structure of the organization:
- Manage Members - View, edit, add, and delete organization members.
- Manage Teams - View, edit, add, and delete teams in the organization.
- Add Social Network - Add social accounts to the organization.
- Remove Social Network - Remove social accounts from the organization.
- Manage Social Networks - View, edit, add, and delete social accounts in the organization.
- Manage Organization Permissions - Set permissions for the organization.
- Manage Organization Profile - Manage organization profile information.
- Manage Hootsuite University Provisioning - Manage access to Hootsuite Academy.
- Manage Vanity URLs - Edit, add, and delete the organization's vanity URLs.
- Manage Archives - Edit, add, and delete the organization's Twitter archives.
- Manage Genesis - Configure Adobe Genesis settings.
- Manage Message Tags - Edit, add, and remove tags in the tag library.
- Manage Automation - Edit, add, and remove automated assignments and tag rules.
Custom team permissions
Set the following permissions to manage teams in your organization:
- Manage Team Members - Add or remove members from a team.
- Manage Team Information - Manage team name, avatar, and team access to vanity URLs.
- Manage Social Networks in the Team - Add or remove social accounts from the team.
- Manage Vanity URLs - Add or remove team access to organization's vanity URLs.
- Manage Team Shared Streams - Manage team's shared streams.
- Manage Team Permissions - Set permissions for the team.
- Manage Content Library and Assets - Edit, add, and delete assets in the team's content libraries.
Custom social account permissions
Set the following permissions to manage and publish to social accounts in your organization:
- Basic Usage - Read-only access to a social account.
- Publish Message - Publish messages, comments, and replies, and hide Facebook comments.
- Publish Message with Approval - Require approval to publish messages. No approval is required for comments and replies.
- Comment and Reply - Comment, reply, and publish messages to the social account.
- Comment and Reply with Approval - Comments, replies, and publishing require approval.
- Facebook Private Messages - Send private Facebook messages.
- React - Like or favorite content, comments, and replies on any social account.
- Twitter Retweets - Retweet Twitter messages.
- Approve Messages - Approve team members posts, comments, and replies.
- View Private Stream - View private messages (for example, Twitter direct and Facebook private messages).
- Manage Contacts - Manage contacts like Twitter followers and Facebook friends.
- Manage Social Network Profile - Edit social profile (name, picture, and secure post settings). See Sync an account's profile picture or name.
- Manage Member Social Network Permissions - Set permissions for social accounts. See Assign social account permissions.
- Promote Ads - Promote posts (on Facebook, Instagram, or LinkedIn).
- Manage Ad accounts - View, add, and remove ad accounts for the social account. See Manage ad accounts and advertising permissions.
Can't find what you're looking for? We're here to help