Article updated: July 07, 2022
Create and manage content campaigns
Use content campaigns to make campaign tracking easy, accurate, and consistent. You can organize and report on your team’s marketing posts. Create and use content campaigns in the web version of Hootsuite.
If you're looking for instructions on how to manage all your paid and organic Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn campaigns in Hootsuite, see Overview of Hootsuite Social Advertising.
Plans: Business and Enterprise
Content campaigns span a specified timeframe and have defined attributes. Attributes include link tracking parameters, link shorteners, and tags. When team members create a post, they can associate the post with a campaign in one click. This applies the campaign's settings to the post, saving time during post creation. Campaigns group your content, so you can filter by and analyze performance of a set of posts.
Hootsuite organization super admins and admins can create content campaigns for their organization. All organization members can then see and contribute to campaigns in Composer.
Create a content campaign
- Go to My profile, and then select Manage accounts and teams.
- Select Campaigns.
- Select Create a campaign.
- Enter a Campaign Name and a Summary. These tell team members how to use each campaign when they are creating posts.
- Select campaign dates to set a date range during which the campaign will run.
- Select a start and end date, and then select Set. There is no limit to how far out the end date can be set.
- Optional: Add link settings to every post in the campaign.
- Select No Preset, and then select an existing preset, or Create a new preset for this campaign.
- Enter a name for the new preset, and then select a shortener and link tracking system for all links in the campaign. See Shorten and track links for details.
To add your own vanity URL to Hootsuite to use as a shortener, see Set up a vanity URL.
- Select Make default settings for all links to apply this preset by default to all links published from your organization, regardless of campaign.
- Select Create new preset.
- Optional: Add tags to every post in the campaign: Select Add Tag and select existing tags, or enter a new tag. Select Manage Tags to access the tag library. To find out more, see Manage tags.
- Select Create Campaign in the bottom right.
Your campaign is now available in Composer for all organization members to assign to their posts. Organization members can also filter Planner by campaign to see all content scheduled and published under the campaign. To find out more, see Manage your content calendar.
Select Edit on an active campaign in the list to change its name, summary details, or date range.
Select the three dots , and then select Archive to hide a campaign from Planner and Composer. You can unarchive a campaign at any time.
Report on the performance of your campaigns by filtering your Analytics report metrics by tag or campaign. Learn how to report on campaign performance.
Assign a campaign to a post
If a campaign’s time frame is active or in the future, it’ll be available to use in Composer. All members have access to every campaign.
Select an organization, and then select Campaign to associate the post with a current or future campaign. Point to each campaign to view its Summary.
Selecting a campaign applies its link settings and tags to the post. The post can’t be scheduled outside of the campaign’s defined date range.
Important: Campaign link and tag presets (including none) override any links or tags already applied to a post. To customize a post in a campaign, select the campaign first, and then change the link settings and tags.
Can't find what you're looking for? We're here to help