Create and manage content campaigns
You can create content campaigns to manage the marketing posts that your team publishes. Content campaigns ensure accurate and consistent campaign tracking, especially if you run more than one at a time.
Plans: Business and Enterprise
To learn from some great campaigns, see 7 of the Best Social Media Campaigns (And What You Can Learn From Them). Visit the Hootsuite blog for news, tips, tools, and tactics to help you succeed on social media.
Content campaigns span a specified timeframe and contain defined attributes that cascade down to each post in the campaign. These attributes include link tracking parameters, link shorteners, and tags. You can associate posts with their campaigns with a single click in the Composer. This adds the campaign's settings to the post and makes it easy to analyze campaign performance later.
Hootsuite organization super admins and admins can create content campaigns for their organization. All organization members can then see and contribute to campaigns from the Composer.
Create a content campaign
- Go to My profile, and then select Social networks and teams.
- Select Campaigns under the organization name.
- Select Create a campaign.
- Enter a Campaign Name and a Summary, and then select Select campaign dates to set a date range during which the campaign will run.
- Select a start and end date and time, and then select Set. There is no limit to how far out the end date can be set.
- Optional: Add link setting presets to every post in the campaign.
- Select No Preset, and then select an existing preset, or select Create a new preset.
- If creating a new preset, enter a name for the preset.
- Select No Shortener to choose Ow.ly to shorten each link in the campaign.
- Select No Tracking to choose Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics or Custom parameters, and then enter the UTM parameters to append to each link. To learn more, see Apply link settings.
- Select Make default settings for all links to apply this preset by default to all links published from your organization, regardless of campaign.
- Select Create new preset.
- Optional: Add tags to every post in the campaign: Select Add Tag and select the tags to add to each post, or enter a new tag to create it from the campaign manager. Select Manage Tags to access the tag library. For more information, see Manage tags.
- Select Create Campaign in the bottom right.
This campaign will now appear as an option in the Composer for all organization members to select when publishing content. Organization members can also filter the content planner by campaign to see all content scheduled for the campaign. For more information, see Manage your scheduled posts.
Select Edit on an active campaign in the list to modify its name, summary details, or date range.
Select the three dots , and then select Archive to hide a campaign from the Planner and Composer. A campaign can be unarchived at any time.
Report on the performance of your campaigns by filtering your Analytics report metrics by tag or campaign. For more details, see Report on campaign performance.
Assign a campaign to a post
All organization members have access to all campaigns. Select an organization from the top-left corner of the Composer (if you belong to more than one), and then select Select campaign to associate the post with a current or future campaign. Hover over each campaign to view its Summary for context. The Select campaign button does not appear unless there are current campaigns available to publish to.
Selecting a campaign applies its link settings and tags to the post. Associated posts can’t be scheduled outside of the campaign’s defined date range.
Important: Campaign link and tag presets (including none) override any links or tags already applied to a post in the Composer. To customize a post in a campaign, select the campaign first, and then change the post's link settings or tags.